When to Flip Your Flapper?!!

Ok, I don't flip my flapper enough!
http://www.ImageShippers.com/images/Na733658.jpg
Probably about 10 times since I've owned the Jet 1100A DC (about a year). I can't believe the DC could suck anything!! Now, boy does it suck.
http://www.ImageShippers.com/images/DcR33659.jpg
Guess I'll flip my flapper more often!
(I've been reading this forum for a long time, and just now figured out how to use googlegroups and a free image hosting site)
Any more than three times is a sin. Mark P. wrote:

Is the second picture the result of simply turning the flapper or did you do a little extra to get it that clean? How many times did you turn the flapper to get it that clean?

do
I hate it when someone posts just enough information to tease you but really doesn't really say what the point is, leaving you guessing.
Bob
Sorry everybody if I was a bit vague here. I was guessing the pictures could explain themselves... The first picture is the inside of the top pleated filter on my Jet 1100A DC. It is caked in sawdust. The second picture is after I shook/scraped/brushed and vacuumed the pleats. Seems weird to use the built-in house vacuum to clean out a dust collector, but it worked great. Doug - Thanks for the compressed air tip - good idea. - Mark

So the before/after shots had nothing to do with the flapper?
I run the flapper around a few times when I think about it, probably at least 50% of the days I work in the shop. I still need to clean out the filter with other means when I empty the plastic collection bag. My impression is that the flapper prolongs the effectiveness of the filter such that its still working ok when the bag gets full. I know I see clouds of dust fall into the plastic bag when I run it around a few times.
Bob
"BillyBob" wrote in message

Just don't flip the flapper without the plastic bag in place ... DAMHIKT.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/17/05

Please identify what we are looking at. I was thinking of buying one, but if the first photo is after...

Blow it out with compressed air once in a while, too.
--
Regards,