When Giants Walked the Wreck - and the proper use of Google

Page 4 of 5

on 3/18/2005 5:07 PM Vic Baron said the following:

I fold! <g>

CNN reports rom Atlanta the Energizer Bunny arrested---charged with battery.

A cute bag o' chips walks up to the macho battery and says, "If you're EverReady, I'm FritoLay".
(...ouch...)
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker

kept coming and coming and coming . . .
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.

Have you no shame, sir!
(watson - who is currently biting a pretty good hole in his lip to keep from laughing)
Good one, Nahmie.
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 16:39:02 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John) wrote:

I'm currently charged up about it!
Barry
Patriarch wrote:

candlelight, or put the computer by the window;-) Joe
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:26:58 -0600, Patriarch

And NEVER cross the streams. It would be bad.
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:26:58 -0600, Patriarch

Shock value?
Barry

The vast majority of threads in the last two months have been woodworking related, on-topic threads.
I think that if Tom had nothing to complain about, he'd likely complain about that...
--
"I'm a man, but I can change... If I have to... I guess." -- Red Green

Possibly.
But I cut Tom a little more slack than most folks.
When he complains, he does it with such panache and style.
This is a more classy joint with him as a member.
Lee Michaels wrote:

Agreed and even though I've been around here a short time I can see that his panache and style add a lot to this group.
Josie

Panache and style - that's a wooddorking joint, is it noT

I haven't been using Usenet as long as some, but I've been using it for 20 years. Off-topic posts are not a new phenomenon, and anyone who thinks the wreck is awash with them hasn't been around much.
todd
"Todd Fatheree" wrote in message

Dude, you're obviously living in the future past! ... surely you believe the reports that the wRECdorker's of yore, unlike the girly men who apparently frequent the place now, shaved with their jointer blades and poured shellac over walnut sawdust for breakfast??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Yeah, dontcha just hate these damned Girlymen?
It was more in the way of introducing some of the newish folks to the people who ain't around no more, Swing.
Hell, anybody ought to be able to have fun dragging up a Paully Rad thread, or one of the O'Deen-Bennett threads.
The only OT categories that I really have a problem with are the ones that our Mommas told us not to play with in public: Politics and Religion.
My Momma wasn't big on having us discuss Personal Hygiene Matters in public, neither - but that's a fight for another day.
The problem with the Politics and Religion threads is that they wind up being about what divides us, instead of focusing on what we have in common - which allegedly is WoodDorking.
Everybody gets pissed off at each other, and the general harmony, such as it is, breaks down.
The real sad thing is that a lot of the fellas that consistently enter into these discussions seem like real smart people. But, with all the buttons that can get pushed, in a discussion that could be reasonable, but almost never is, things just get way out of hand; brains go out the window; people establish entrenched positions - and it becomes a siege, going on and on and on.
The absolute worst thing about these threads is that they are the primary reason that a lot of good people leave the group. There are resources that are denied to us because those resources can't hack the bullshit - and they pass on to some other venue.
Could be wrong about this, I guess.
You know the motto of the Wreck:
"Your Mileage May Vary".
Thomas J. Watson - WoodDorker
"Tom Watson" wrote:

Hoo boy, now them was threads!
"Tom Watson" wrote in message
<snip>

<snip>
Naah, you're right on, as usual, Tawm ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

That's because the percentage of idiots in this world will never change.

While the percentage of idiots with Usenet access seems to be trending upwards?