When did SHINY become COOL

Ravens and crows (just what IS the difference?) also like the bright and shiny. Every nest I've ever heard of has had at least one shiny item.

Not much woodshop on my site, and Google doesn't seem to have a way to latch a signature line on this, but I just revised (after one whole day up) my web site.

You might get a kick out of some of the car shots.

Reply to
Charlie Self

On 8 Nov 2005 14:03:52 -0800, "Charlie Self" scribbled:

Ravens (Corvus corax) are much bigger than other crows, usually more than 2 feet long and with wingspans most often over 4 feet. Probably the smartest bird, smarter than sled dogs whose food they tend to steal. They also signal wolves where potential prey is, so the wolves can kill them and the ravens get to feast. Pretty amazing birds to watch. Extremely common around here in the winter where they like to perch on street lights, especially the ones with photoelectric cells. They have learned to warm themselves up by sitting on the cell and turning on the light during the day. Also, we can't leave garbage out in the open, it has to be in a garbage can or else they will get to it and make a mess by strewing all the inedibles over the street.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

I've visited twice now ... absolutely gorgeous. There's a certain subtlety in those photographs that bespeaks genius. My compliments to you.

Excellent design job on the website also.

Reply to
Swingman

They are different species. Ravens are larger, have a wedge-shaped tail and a thicker, sturdier beak. Their call is a hoarse croak, occasionally "Nevermore". Crows are smaller, have a square tail and their call is the familiar "caw, caw". There are other differences but those are the easily discernable ones in the field.

Reply to
Rob Fargher

The decent design job comes from friends who kept telling me what was wrong. Works for me. I grump, but then take the advice and make the changes.

I'm glad you like the photos. I'm having a lot of fun shooting the old cars, which, I think, adds to the fun of shooting the tool sequences and other woodworking photos.

Reply to
Charlie Self