whats the best table saw on the market for under a $1000.00

Depends on what you want. IMO, the Grizzly 1023SL can't be beat for the price (of course it was $100 cheaper a month ago) and it matches what I wanted it for. Cheers, cc

A good, "previously owned" Unisaw, PM66, something along those lines. A little sweat equity and you've got a lifetime tool for a reasonable price.
Nothing but the subject, really...
mine

No, mine's better. Neener neener. :)
Coth
Buy the Griz 1023SL - I did a month ago. It is a great saw. I don't know how a 10" TS could be worth 2x the money (like a Unisaw or PM). I'm in "woodworker heaven" with the Grizzly.
It replaced a 15+ year old import that I thought was decent until I sprung for the Griz.
Lou
I too purchased the Griz 1023SL and could not be happier. I have worked on an old Craftsman for 20 years prior.
RonT
On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:35:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (tony stramella) wrote:

My neighbor purchased a Grizly Cabinet saw about 2 years ago and "WE" did not have all that difficult time setting it up ... I have run a Jet Cabinet Saw for sabout 15 years now and honestly I like my saw better....BUT his can do everything mine can do and do it just as well .....and it cost a hell of a lot less...
But mine is very well broken in and has had lots of use over the years his was brand new... so I have no clue how it will hold up...my opinion of it from just looking at it is that he will have NO problems..
I have no clue what fence his has...but I am spoiled by my Bies still I THINK I COULD live with the Grizly fence ... not sue I would want to after all these years but it seems solid enough...
Just my opinion...
Bob Griffiths..
Hi Bob,
The fence was one of my *BIG* concerns before deciding on the Griz. I saw the Bies on the new Craftsman cabinet saw before deciding. It was fine, but based on what I have read here on the wreck, I decided that the Shop Fox is almost as good if not equal to the Bies. I always saw Norm with his Bies and thought that I had to have one too, but I decided to trust the wreck (I have never been disappointed).
When I received the shipment from Grizzly, I could hardly believe the quality of the SF fence. It was a beast, almost all steel/iron, whatever. Once I had the thing bolted to the 400lb saw, there was nothing that would deflect it - and so far (1 month) this has held true.
Granted, I'm a hobbyist and might have a different set of parameters than a cabinet/production shop.
But for an amateur, at $1K, you will not be disappointed in this saw/fence combo.
Of course, you can spend $2K and be quite happy too!
Lou