whats the best table saw on the market for under a $1000.00

Depends on what you want. IMO, the Grizzly 1023SL can't be beat for the price (of course it was $100 cheaper a month ago) and it matches what I wanted it for. Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

Nothing but the subject, really...

Reply to
Phil Anderson

Reply to
leonard

Buy the Griz 1023SL - I did a month ago. It is a great saw. I don't know how a 10" TS could be worth

2x the money (like a Unisaw or PM). I'm in "woodworker heaven" with the Grizzly.

It replaced a 15+ year old import that I thought was decent until I sprung for the Griz.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

I too purchased the Griz 1023SL and could not be happier. I have worked on an old Craftsman for 20 years prior.

RonT

Reply to
Ron Truitt

My neighbor purchased a Grizly Cabinet saw about 2 years ago and "WE" did not have all that difficult time setting it up ... I have run a Jet Cabinet Saw for sabout 15 years now and honestly I like my saw better....BUT his can do everything mine can do and do it just as well .....and it cost a hell of a lot less...

But mine is very well broken in and has had lots of use over the years his was brand new... so I have no clue how it will hold up...my opinion of it from just looking at it is that he will have NO problems..

I have no clue what fence his has...but I am spoiled by my Bies still I THINK I COULD live with the Grizly fence ... not sue I would want to after all these years but it seems solid enough...

Just my opinion...

Bob Griffiths..

Reply to
Bob G.

"leonard" wrote in news:kcudnYSH7v-SkJ3fRVn- snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

No, mine's better. Neener neener. :)

Coth

Reply to
Cothian

Hi Bob,

The fence was one of my *BIG* concerns before deciding on the Griz. I saw the Bies on the new Craftsman cabinet saw before deciding. It was fine, but based on what I have read here on the wreck, I decided that the Shop Fox is almost as good if not equal to the Bies. I always saw Norm with his Bies and thought that I had to have one too, but I decided to trust the wreck (I have never been disappointed).

When I received the shipment from Grizzly, I could hardly believe the quality of the SF fence. It was a beast, almost all steel/iron, whatever. Once I had the thing bolted to the 400lb saw, there was nothing that would deflect it - and so far (1 month) this has held true.

Granted, I'm a hobbyist and might have a different set of parameters than a cabinet/production shop.

But for an amateur, at $1K, you will not be disappointed in this saw/fence combo.

Of course, you can spend $2K and be quite happy too!

Lou

Reply to
loutent