Whats for supper-ontopic

Supper Friday night consisted of a large pot of smoked hamhocks and a few onions cooked down to extreme pork grease goodness. A true southern delicacy, they were excellent.

One of my porches serves as an assembly area for larger woodworking and I was in the final assembly of a bookcase, nothing fancy, 3 feet wide and 7 tall, fixed shelves and made of pine 1 inch shelves and

5/4 uprights and top, dadoed an put together with pocket screws. All sanded to 240 before assembly.

Saturday morning the edible remains of the hamhocks were picked out and the knuckles, grease, and hide were taken out for the yard dogs to fight over.

Apparently in an attempt to seize his proper share on of the three made a dash through the dog food pan securing a slab of hide to eat and hiding in the bottom shelf of my new book case, leaving greasy paw prints and long smears of pork fat in the process. I suspect the pomeranian, he was always a bit of an asshole.

When I discovered the mess, I checked the pan and there was not enough grease left to finish the whole thing and I'm not sure pork fat would ever harden into an acceptable finish, although they claim it works wonders on arteries.

I spent Saturday afternoon making and changing out the affected shelf. A harbor freight multi tool proved it self worth its weight in gold for freeing the glue joints.

Question, Anyone need a dog?

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I just finished John Ringo's book, _Manxome Foe_, in which he described the aforementioned breed as "a furry piranha with teeth".

I hear they taste like pork...

-- A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself. -- Louis L'Amour

Reply to
Larry Jaques

-- Louis L'Amour

Kill two birds with one stone? Maybe you could try thinning the fat with mineral spirits, hoping it may facilitate the hardening, and the addition of the MS might increase your finish volume, to complete the task.

Sonny

Reply to
cedarsonny

On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 09:34:59 -0700, Larry Jaques

I was thinking of offering it to my cat, but Pomeranians are too small for my cat to bother.

Many of the dogs in my apartment building are little dogs. I swear I can hear my cat snicker every time she hears a yappy small dog go by in the hallway.

Reply to
Dave