What would you pay for a jointer fence?

I'm rebuilding an 8" Vega jointer fence that is out of production. Vega has offered to machine a new one for me, but at a cost of $275. Does that seem steep? I don't mean for the cost of machining--that doesn't seem like an unfair price to me--but are there aftermarket jointer fences? Has anyone made their own? Any ideas?

Thanks, H

Reply to
hylourgos

Absolutely not when you consider an aftermarket table saw fence will set you back more than that in most cases.

None that I know of.

I don't know.

The best I can come up with is seeing a 60's vintage Craftsman/King Seeley fence that was used on an older Delta jointer.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I would jump all over that...that is a great and fair price...Damn man what do you want! Mike

Reply to
aswr

I know, I know. It's just when you get the jointer for $90, you start getting greedy, and looking at a fence that costs more than the jointer seems a crime.

Criminally yours, H

Reply to
hylourgos

why you should be horse whipped....man did you ever score or what!!!Good deal...major gloat.....good luck with your jointer...do you want to sell it? ha ha Mike

Reply to
aswr

Good deal, jump on it.

Reply to
CW

Think of it like a boat, or a woman.

The rigging costs more than what's under it.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I bought a Jet replacement fence for their 6 inch jointer model JJ-6CSX which can be seen here

is shown on page 22. It is a complete assembly.

The idea I had will not work with this mount. I am willing to sell this for what I paid plus shipping. $65.00

If interested let me know.

Joe

Reply to
Joe N.