What would you pay for a jointer fence?

I'm rebuilding an 8" Vega jointer fence that is out of production. Vega has offered to machine a new one for me, but at a cost of $275. Does that seem steep? I don't mean for the cost of machining--that doesn't seem like an unfair price to me--but are there aftermarket jointer fences? Has anyone made their own? Any ideas?
Thanks, H
hylourgos wrote:

Absolutely not when you consider an aftermarket table saw fence will set you back more than that in most cases.

None that I know of.

I don't know.

The best I can come up with is seeing a 60's vintage Craftsman/King Seeley fence that was used on an older Delta jointer.
UA100
I would jump all over that...that is a great and fair price...Damn man what do you want! Mike
I know, I know. It's just when you get the jointer for $90, you start getting greedy, and looking at a fence that costs more than the jointer seems a crime.
Criminally yours, H
why you should be horse whipped....man did you ever score or what!!!Good deal...major gloat.....good luck with your jointer...do you want to sell it? ha ha Mike

Think of it like a boat, or a woman.
The rigging costs more than what's under it.
Good deal, jump on it.

I bought a Jet replacement fence for their 6 inch jointer model JJ-6CSX which can be seen here http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/partfiles/man_708457.PDF which is shown on page 22. It is a complete assembly.
The idea I had will not work with this mount. I am willing to sell this for what I paid plus shipping. $65.00
If interested let me know.
Joe