What Woodcraft COULD have done

Page 2 of 2
You never get laid, do you?

the shop and said. . .:

i read the initial web page that was up before the "sale" started, and i seem to recall it said to the effect of, "limited to stock on hand, no rain checks."
i saw nothing wrong with what took place, and lets face it. EVERY wooddorker on the face of the earth knew about this promo at least a week ago.
even if they had 5000 clamps on hand. 1000 wooddorkers each buying 5 clamps,,,, you get my meaning
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 20:38:18 -0500, Traves W. Coppock <newsgroups-AT-farmvalleywoodworks-DOT-com> wrote:

Steady on there, chaps. Unless you believe that the world is flat and is bounded by the coastline of N.America, that's a bit of a contentious statement.

this promo at least a week ago.

It's not???? ;-o But, but, but... That means the World Series isn't really the WORLD Series. You mean there are pro baseball who don't get a chance to compete in the World Series!!!!????
Cheers, Eric

Actually, we play a great deal of baseball here in England - except we call it Rounders and leave it to the ladies. This allows the men to get on with making sawdust and playing Rugby (a bit like American Football but without all the stoppages and padding).
Cheers, Rob.

We leave "drinking tea" to ladies also. ;~)
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 14:09:07 GMT, "Leon"
ROTFLM *B* O!
Traves W. Coppock <newsgroups-AT-farmvalleywoodworks-DOT-com> wrote in message Crawled out of

No Woodcraft near me and I am not on their mailing list so the first I heard of it was when the complaints were posted on the Wreck.

I think the complaint (at least the initial one) was that they placed orders that were confirmed, THEN later learned that they were reduced or cancelled. Hearing that makes me learing of shopping there too. It's one thing to visit a store and find that they are out of the sale item, it's another thing to visit the store, get your 5 clamps, then have a store employee take them away from you when you are heading for the door.
-Chris

Was the confirmation that the order was received? Or that they had everything and it would be shipped? I'm amazed at how many people can say what SHOULD have been done and don't know a damned thing about how their web site and ordering software works. It can probably handle multiple orders being taken. After that, I have no idea nor do the other posters. We all know that limited stock means just that.
I've shopped at Woodcraft and they have never stopped me at the door and taken merchandise back from me. They did send me a bunch of router bits at $5 a pop. great deal.
Where the hell were all you guys when the Red Sox were in trouble in the 8th? Did you call and make your recommendations in the 6th or 7th to prevent problems? Ed

You are on target there. I got a "confirmation" screen, but read it to see that each item showed status as "pending approval" or some such language, so I went to bed not knowing whether I had bought clamps or not, despite having the order confirmed. I was nervous when I woke up to the same message, and suspected that there might be a yet-to-come process of allocating clamps based on the time-stamp on the orders. So I never "counted my chickens" until I got the shipping confirmation.
Now some say they got a confirmation, and a shipping of 0 quantity notice, which does sound like a Woodcraft screw-up. But Does anybody realize that we are only hearing one side of that story, and there are a host of ways the poster _might_ have screwed it up himself. Hard to get too bent out of shape about something we know so little about.
PS, while I am happy with Woodcraft on this one, they still rank second in B&M (to Highland Hardware) and second in online (to Amazon) preferences for me (although not as distant seconds as before).
--
Alex
Ed asks:

Made my recommendations to t'other team in the 6th, though they paid little attention--really can't yell that loud, though my wife might argue. Anyway, my guys won again last night.
Charlie Self
"Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle." Bob Hope

Huh? No one had their clamps in their hands and had them taken away. Buyers may have been told that the clamps were in stock and were later told that there actually were no more clamps. "That" would be like visiting a store and asking for 5 clamps and someone looking in the stockroom finds that there no more on hand to sale.
TomL wrote:

I was happy to get the 12 clamps I did at my local Woodcraft. I was a bit miffed that the email I received said limit of 4 per sze, and then when I got to the store they limited it to 2 per size. No bother, called a friend in the area, and he went in and bought me another "set" of 6 clamps. Didn't feel bad about doing this.
If I'd wanted more, I had more friends I could have gotten to buy them for me, but I held to the 4 per size per person. Used em this weekend to glue up a cabinet for the basement. Loved them!!!