What will freeze in the workshop?

It's that time of the year again, and I'm trying to figure out what I should bring in to keep from freezing.

Glue, definitely. Take the water stones out the water

What else? Can I leave finishes out? Poly? BLO? Tung Oil?

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

Anything water-based/soluble essentially.

--

Reply to
dpb

I can't answer your question about the oil based products because I'm not taking any chances. Even if not frozen, rubbing tung oil at 25 degrees can't be good so I bring all that stuff into the house I made a simple tot with handle to carry out the glue or whatever when I'm going to work out there.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Brass monkey balls.

Reply to
Robatoy

:-)

Reply to
Stuart

To be sure read the label for each product or take everything to a location where it won't freeze.

Reply to
Phisherman

Guilty of Child labor? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

Making a simple tot is easy enough, but how'd you put a handle on it?

Reply to
Woodie

Funny stuff...

Reply to
Robatoy

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Just don't let Youth Services catch you carrying it that way.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Hire an elf or an Ooompah Looompah!

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Just kidding, I guess.

Or were you -really- trying to get his goat?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

buy yourself a 48 qt cooler , put anything that will freeze, in it also drop a trouble light with a 10-15 watt bulb in it and leave in nothing will freeze.

Reply to
Ken

That's a good idea. I went ahead and made a tote (tot) and carry that in and out. One thing I like about hand cutting dovetails is that I can use plywood.

I also remembered batteries. Must bring in rechargeable drill batteries so they won't charge in freezing weather.

S.

Reply to
samson

I did something similar but used a metal cabinet and a 1500 watt finned bar heater and b10 mechanical thermostat from Graingers.

I did not want to have the chance of the spark produced by a light bulb in the same cabinet as the resins and such so I used the heater which only operates in the black heat range.

I bought it with potted leads as well so there was no chance of a spark in the cabinet.

Reply to
Jay R