What vise(s) do you own?

Page 2 of 2

So, what may be this accessory? I don't have a vise at the moment but I am eye balling several. I may want to buy the one that your accessory fits.

I have six Turtleback Emmert's.
-Zz
On 01/15/2010 11:41 AM, scritch wrote:

Woodcraft tail vise: http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2004875/7533/WoodRiver-Large-End-Vise-Slide.aspx (I think this is actually a follow-on replacement for the one I own)
and Rockler front vise: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page !523
I use the tail vise way more than the front vise; I wish it had a quick-release like the front vise does.
On 01/15/2010 02:19 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

I might actually have the end vise mounted as a front vise: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 385 Not near my workshop right now or I'd check to be sure...

my metalworking vise I got from my Dad.
The two vises on my bench (dog leg and tail) I made after purchasing the screws.
I have a couple of other vices. I do enjoy a smokey scotch.....

Guess I'm getting tired. For a second there, I read "smoky crotch".
On 01/15/2010 03:14 PM, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

Hey! One time I knew a girl who could..., uh... Well, never mind.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

I posted a gloat a few weeks ago. I just mounted a 10" Jorgensen quick release on my bench. Older vice in excellent condition purchased at an estate sale for about $35. Cleaned up, installed new hardwood jaw pads, good as new.
I also use a homemade end clamp made from hardwood and a couple of large, Irwin pipe clamps. Cheap but effective.
RonB

Record 53ED front and Veritas twin screw end.
As for vice, oh wait, I already mentioned twin screw.....
Paul F.
On 1/15/2010 11:41 AM, scritch wrote:

My "main" vise is a WoodRiver pattern maker's vise from Woodcraft, but I also have a couple of clamp-on vises and a small collection of purpose-built vises (there's a link to a photo of one elsewhere in this thread).
The pattern maker's vise seemed like an extravagance when I bought it, but I've used all of its capabilities and confess to having become completely spoiled by the flexibility.
Woodcraft has a photo at
http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/products/128748.jpg?randf1370404
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
scritch wrote:

Woodcraft Emmert clone, Parrot vise, Panavise, Craftsman crosslide vise, some piece of crap I picked up at a home store, and I'm sure I'm forgetting one.
Veritas Twin Screw for end vise Unknown German screw fittings for shoulder vise