What vise(s) do you own?

Page 1 of 2
I am working on a new accessory for vises, and would like to focus on a very popular model first. What vise(s) do you own? For example, I own a couple of Record 53's. What do you folks use?
On 01/15/2010 11:41 AM, scritch wrote:

I suspect the answers will be all over the map. I've got the LV twinscrew and their medium quick-release cast iron one.
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

Thanks for the info. I know I'll get a lot of different answers, but you gotta start somewhere, so I want to pick a vise that more than six people own. For instance, I wouldn't want to start with a Turtleback Emmert!
Scritch
Thanks, all.
Just as I suspected. All over the map.
I'll work on my Records because I already own them.

So what is your idea?
Leon wrote:

Can't tell yet. It's a *secret* (wink).
john

Don't have the model on hand at this moment, but I have a Record 12" wide vise with a quick release and no integrated dog.
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:59:40 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

That's what I have. Large Record vice with quick release, no dog. Recently, resurfaced the oak jaws, cleaned it all up and now it opens/closes sweetly.
On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:07:16 -0500, Phisherman wrote:

I'm sure the OP doesn't care, but mine are homemade :-).

On 1/15/2010 6:18 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Perhaps not, but homemade is good. <g>
Here's one of several small vises I made to work in a T-track
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/TrackVise.jpg
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I never thought I would say this.
Morris, that vise is soooooooo.... CUTE!
What is the application?
On 1/15/2010 9:43 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I made this one for CNC routing a fancy guitar bridge, and it's been handy since other small parts.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 1/15/2010 9:54 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

Is that HDR photography?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On 1/15/2010 9:59 PM, Swingman wrote:

Nope - just a plain old snapshot.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
On 1/15/2010 10:19 PM, Morris Dovey wrote:

Well done ... would do HDR proud.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
On 1/15/2010 10:36 PM, Swingman wrote:

Thanks. It was shot at 2560x1920, fairly early on a bright July morning in 2004. I did use a tripod and, IIRC, I stopped the camera down to maximize the depth of field and focused on a spot between the two blocks.
I recall feeling fairly smug because it was the first time I'd ever worked brass.
I threw away about a quarter of the image when I cropped, then re-sampled to 640x480 and added the text. The original is a little crisper, but not as well composed.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I've got a Zyliss .and a Black and Decker QuikVise as well as a 6 inch Record machinist vice and an 8 inch Record woodworking vice as well as a ratty old WorkMate.
The Zyliss is handy.

Festool is my vice.
Oh!, you said vise. Nevermind.
On 1/15/2010 12:35 PM, Leon wrote:

A rose, by any other name ....
LOL
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

As far as vices go, you could do worse.

Reminds me of the Jay Leno jokes.
Most women are always sniffing guys to see if there is a perfume scent. When my wife sniffs me, she smells transmission fluid.
All these guys in Hollywood have one car and thirty girlfriends. I have thirty cars and one wife.