What to do with glulam beam pieces

I got 6 pieces of 5" x 15" fir glulam beams, 6-1/2' to 7' long. I'm looking for ideas on what to use them for besides a workbench top. I just may make a 7' x 30", 5"-thick workbench, but that leaves 4 more pieces.

Reply to
bsa441

I routinely make outside benches from them - they are wide enough to make a good bench and heavy enough to keep people from moving them around for no good reason. I use 2 x 10's to make a set of legs on each end - 2 vertical 2 x 10 pieces attached together with a 6 or 8 inch long piece horizontally at the top and about 2 inches from the bottom...That gives me 4 legs and makes it easy to attach the legs to the bottom of the glulam and it makes a very stable bench. My first benches are now more than 20 years old and have never been brought in. My wife covers them with flower pots in the summer - every 3 or 4 years I hit them with another coat or two of poly.

Reply to
Doug Houseman

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

This site has good price for many products. I have used it many time.

figa_hd7