What to do with a root

I dug out a Forsythia root, it is 10" across and 6" deep other than taking it to the city yard waste dump? I have no lathe ain't going to get one any time soon.
Mark
On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:36:05 -0500, Markem

Many woodowrkers "see" a project inside a piece of wood. You don't need a lathe for most projects, just an imagination. The root can be cut into small boards, carved, or dried. It might be interesting to see the grain pattern and color. Why not take a small piece, sand, polish and finish it? I was amazed at the beauty of dogwood after it was polished and finished.

Carve a large spoon.