What the heck is this?

And could it work the way "Dino" claims?
The claim on the website is:
The Universal, Integrated, Precision, Modular, Extendable, Portable, Bi-Directional, Reversable, Multitrack, Antisplintering, Anti-chip, Anti-Dumb solution to woodworking that you can fit in the trunk of your car.
http://www.eurekazone.com /
Did you actually look at the site? There's a full description. Looks to me like a grossly over priced substitute for a 1x4 and a couple of clamps.
Ray Kinzler wrote:

--
--John
John: That exactly what I thought when I saw the site.

Oh, and I don't really agree with the "Anti-Dumb" part of the descrption if they are asking you to pay $200 for what you can make for about $2.00.

Ray,
try here:
http://www.toolfetch.com/tools/sgs-1.html
--

Greg

"Ray Kinzler" < snipped-for-privacy@thesafety.net> wrote in message
On 4 Aug 2004 04:24:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thesafety.net (Ray Kinzler) wrote:

it's a "gee whiz, as seen on TV" version of a straight edge, complete with lots of expensive accessories you have to buy to make it work.

Looks kind'a like a chair I made back in high school.
Looks like a better mousetrap to me. Better, maybe. Cheaper, doubtful.

If he's so confident it'll save me money, how about a 30-day free trial?
We have always called them a zero board onna count of that's the distance you offset it from the line you want to cut/rout.
We always ho-made ours but I suppose spending money on one would help someone's economy.
UA100
I find that it works OK -- got it at a show in Balt. for some "deep discount" (maybe 35-4-% off what he lists). The guy is a character. I got it because I have found that I have trouble keeping my saw (and router) tight to whatever guide I have tried using. I don't know/do enough to acquire the right technique. This thing provides a track, so more idiot-proof, which somehow I find is a good thing for me. Once I build a panel cutting table, like this one, http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/panel_cutting_table.htm , I think I'll have a darn good panel saw setup.
It is _akin_ to the Festool guide rail system.
As for the anti-chip abilities, cannot really say as I need a new saw. But it did seems to cut down on chipping. HTH. -- Igor
On 4 Aug 2004 04:24:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thesafety.net (Ray Kinzler) wrote:

A very expensive jig that replaces this:
http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/etip022500wb.html
but it looks real purty....