What the heck is BORG???

Please someone enlighten.
Nick
Stands for Big Orange Retail Giant.
It assimilates smaller retail stores and resistance is futal.
Don

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 21:31:27 -0600, V.E. Dorn wrote:

Thanks. I was wondering this as well.
also known as Home Despot
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Nick" < snipped-for-privacy@starcommand.com> wrote in message

Now you have been assimilated. I prefer to call it Home Dump since it fits to a Tee!!!

Folks have come up with all sorts of cute acronyms recently, but it came from the Borg on Star Trek. A race of cyborgs who travel in boxlike ships and assimilate and destroy other civilizations. ALong the lines of what Home Depot's supposed to do to local hardware stores.
GTO(John)
GTO69RA4 wrote:

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
I had thought it was "Big Orange Retail Giant." Then one day I saw a Home Depot store painted brown. Burst my bubble.
RB
GTO69RA4 wrote:

RB wrote:

One of the traits of the BORG is that they adapt quickly...
Michael

I'm sure the brown was just a pigment of your imagination.
Nick
Nick wrote:

    j4
This might be helpful:
http://www.netexperts.cc/~lambertm/Wood/terms.php

Thanks! Finally figured out DAMWIKT...
ss
Sam Schmenk wrote...

FWIW, AFAIK, it's DAMHIKT.

How so, and/or why not the first form <grin.
Robert Bonomi wrote...

No reason other than convention, to my knowledge. A googlization will confirm it though.
Cheers!
Jim