What tha!? Refer photo in ABPW

Had some boxes delivered here on my remote Island of Orstralier, and I almost fell over backwards when I went to check the Tilt Indicator on one of the boxes. I would NEVER have expected to see a photo of this particular bloke on goods being delivered way out here....
See ABPW....
Mike,
where'd you get the Unisaw and, if you don't mind, about what did you have to part with? As far as I know, Carba-Tec are the only distributors here.
Oh yeah, nearly fergot - yer a sucky bastid!
--
Greg

"Mike Richardson" < snipped-for-privacy@spam.me.not.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
Greg, bargained on a bundle at the show from Carba-tec.
Saw with 50" Beis was 2300, and I got more off that in the bundle with 8"jointer and 15"planer. Approx another 350 off set, so lets say saw was 2200 inc gst.
Have nearly finished putting planer together - havent made room for saw yet...
Have to buy SWMBO something to even up the ledger a bit I reckon, maybe some mobile bases :-)
Thanks for your invaluable help during though stages prior to show.
Mike

Glad to have helped Mike. 2300 is a very good price here, did you get a blade thrown in? The only thing I have against the Unisaw is you can't fit a scorer. I guess you looked at the MBS300's, they make the Unisaw look underfed and can take a scorer. I am having trouble deciding exactly what I want, but it's fun looking. I'd be interested in your opinions when you finally get to try out the Unisaw.
cheers,
Greg
Yes to blade. It was an opportunity - based on a bundle price - all in all evry choice was going to be a compromise - hopefully I went for least pain...
Will let you know once I get it assembled - lost a few days , SWMBO's Dad died today, so will be off the Wood gear a while.
Mike