What Stacked Dado Size?

I have an older Sears 10" table saw (1940s-50s) (113.27520). What size stacked dado blade is safest to use with this saw - 6", 7" or 8"? This is driven by a 1-1/2 HP motor.
Thanks
--
Michael Hastings
1 Thess 4:11 ... make it your ambition to lead a quiet life

always used an 8 inch dado because it can make a deeper cut. Jim
I just recently finished a project on which I used my father's Freud 6" dado and really liked it. Therefore I am considering getting one. What situations do need the additional capacity of an 8"? Have you had projects where you needed it and if so, what were they?
SteveP.

Steve,
You might find the depth of cut limited somewhat if you try to use a 6" with a 3/4" thick tablesaw sled.
YMMV,
JC

AHHHHH I hadn't thought about the prescence of a sled. Seeing as how that will be one of the first things to build when the new saw arrives, I am glad you mentioned it.
SteveP.

According to the folks at Ridge Carbide, a 1.5 hp should be able to handle an 8" OK. I have one on my saw and it works well. The 6" are meant for the lower powered saws, like the benchtops. Of course I'm talking about a real 1.5 hp, not the Craftsman 6.8 HP with Dynaglide transmission and convertible hardtop.