What should I pay for a cordless circular saw?

Page 1 of 2
I am interested in buying a cordless circular saw I saw on ebay ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9) but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?
Also, Is $5 a good price for this drill (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030233141&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
Cheers

That claim would be a lot more convincing if there were more than two bids on the item.

Nothing -- it's yours already, isn't it? I mean, this is the second time you've come here shilling for the same items...
--
Regards,
Cindi wrote:

Name=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
eName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
You should never bid till the last 1minute on ebay,set your self an exact amount you want to go to and stick at that. If you're outbid,so what there will be others.
http://tinyurl.co.uk/r6rr
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Cindi wrote:

Name=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
Go buy it now. ;-) from same seller. http://tinyurl.co.uk/2qwv
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
$0. Cordless circular saws are useless.
TBM wrote:

Name=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
Looks like a scam somwhere? look at the seller I posted, the pics are the same.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Another take:
I've got a $75 9.6v, 3/something-inch, Makita, with an aftermarket blade, that's very handy. I can take it out to the trailer to rough out sheet goods on the floor (on pink foam), and it normally lives at my stock rack for cutting rough lumber to length.
The little Makita wouldn't be half as useful if it had a tail.
For framing, etc... I also prefer an A/C version.

If I could only own one circ saw it would definitely have a cord, but I seriously disagree about the cordless saws being useless. Since I've had one, it's saved me lots of time & energy, and there have been many occasions when I brought it out for a quick job that I would have postponed or skipped simply because It would take longer to drag out 100 feet of extension cord than to make a few cuts. Of course, a good hand saw can do much of the same work, but damn if I'm going to rip a few sheets of plywood on the back of a utility trailer with a hand saw...
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland - lwasserm(@)charm(.)net
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:02:51 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote:

That's true enough, but I still wouldn't buy one that didn't come with at least two batteries.
Wrong!!!
They come in real handy for those quick only need one cut of this 2x4 jobs. Mine us usually the first grab if I need to make a cut, even over the Porter Cable saw.....
TBM wrote:

TBM,
I use a Dewalt Cordless saw in my business almost everyday and it works very well. Maybe you should buy better tools.
cm

Well, I guess if you had about 10 batteries charged then you could cut about 10 2x4's.
TBM,
I can do that with one battery.
cm

TBM,
You are right about the Ryobi not have much of a battery life.
cm

Like cm said...
I have a DeWalt cordless 6.5" and on a full battery charge I can make at least 8 full length 8ft rips of 3/4" plywwod. I Imagine the number of 2X4s you could cut off would be over a hundred easy.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.
Larry Wasserman - Baltimore, Maryland - lwasserm(@)charm(.)net
TBM wrote:

I have this drill as part of the larger combo set. I love it. I've used it to cut lattice, 2x4's and to very conveniently cut boards to build a built in closet system.
Obviously, it won't cut large items and it has limitations, but after receiving it as a gift, I have been very pleasantly surprised at its versatility and convenience.
FWIW
Cindi wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030233141&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
The three tool kit (drill, saw, flashlight with two batteries and the charger) can be purchased at Home Depot for $99. The saw alone without the batteries or charger at Home Depot is listed for $60 new.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Cindi wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030233141&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030231795&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9)
It's not worth the shipping charge.

(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item )0030233141&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih9) $5.00 is about right. Send me the drill, postage paid, and the $5.00 and I will dispose of it for you.
--
Want change? Vote out the incumbents.

The sellers feed back sucks. I wouldn't buy from them. Bidding is at $7.00!!!! How cheap are you???
Check the price of a new one at Home Depot and bid up to 3/4 the price of a new one including shipping.
cm