What should I pay for a cordless circular saw?

I am interested in buying a cordless circular saw I saw on ebay (

but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

Also, Is $5 a good price for this drill

Cheers

Reply to
Cindi

That claim would be a lot more convincing if there were more than two bids on the item.

Nothing -- it's yours already, isn't it? I mean, this is the second time you've come here shilling for the same items...

Reply to
Doug Miller

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

>> Cheers

You should never bid till the last 1minute on ebay,set your self an exact amount you want to go to and stick at that. If you're outbid,so what there will be others.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

Go buy it now. ;-) from same seller.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

$0. Cordless circular saws are useless.

Reply to
TBM

>> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

Looks like a scam somwhere? look at the seller I posted, the pics are the same.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Another take:

I've got a $75 9.6v, 3/something-inch, Makita, with an aftermarket blade, that's very handy. I can take it out to the trailer to rough out sheet goods on the floor (on pink foam), and it normally lives at my stock rack for cutting rough lumber to length.

The little Makita wouldn't be half as useful if it had a tail.

For framing, etc... I also prefer an A/C version.

Reply to
B A R R Y

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

The three tool kit (drill, saw, flashlight with two batteries and the charger) can be purchased at Home Depot for $99. The saw alone without the batteries or charger at Home Depot is listed for $60 new.

Reply to
Nova

If I could only own one circ saw it would definitely have a cord, but I seriously disagree about the cordless saws being useless. Since I've had one, it's saved me lots of time & energy, and there have been many occasions when I brought it out for a quick job that I would have postponed or skipped simply because It would take longer to drag out

100 feet of extension cord than to make a few cuts. Of course, a good hand saw can do much of the same work, but damn if I'm going to rip a few sheets of plywood on the back of a utility trailer with a hand saw...
Reply to
lwasserm

Wrong!!!

They come >>I am interested in buying a cordless circular saw I saw on ebay (

Reply to
Mapdude

Do you know how to check the completed auctions to get a h andle on what the items are sellig for?

I seems the going price is about $16 unless you want one with a laser, they are going for about $21.

C> I am interested in buying a cordless circular saw I saw on ebay ( >

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

Mapdude

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

It's not worth the shipping charge.

$5.00 is about right. Send me the drill, postage paid, and the $5.00 and I will dispose of it for you.

Reply to
Max

The sellers feed back sucks. I wouldn't buy from them. Bidding is at $7.00!!!! How cheap are you???

Check the price of a new one at Home Depot and bid up to 3/4 the price of a new one including shipping.

cm

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should

>> Cheers

Reply to
cm

TBM,

I use a Dewalt Cordless saw in my business almost everyday and it works very well. Maybe you should buy better tools.

cm

>> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

Reply to
cm

Well, I guess if you had about 10 batteries charged then you could cut about

10 2x4's.
Reply to
TBM

TBM,

I can do that with one battery.

cm

Reply to
cm

TBM,

You are right about the Ryobi not have much of a battery life.

Reply to
cm

Like cm said...

I have a DeWalt cordless 6.5" and on a full battery charge I can make at least 8 full length 8ft rips of 3/4" plywwod. I Imagine the number of 2X4s you could cut off would be over a hundred easy.

Reply to
lwasserm

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from someone with a feedback rating like that. --dave

> but keep getting outbid. What is the maximum amount I should pay?

>> Cheers

Reply to
Dave Jackson

"Cindi" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

First off, I wouldn't own anything made by Ryobi. Secondly I wouldn't have a cordless tool that I wanted to last. Want to use it for a few years and toss it? Fine. Don't expect that tool to be useable after 7 or more years. Third, the power available is not as high as corded tools. Forth, the cordless tools are heavier than it's corded counterpart.

Cordless tools are fine as long as you realize you have to replace the batteries periodically. I predict that there will be a glut of cordless tools on the market in a few years that need new batteries. The batteries aren't cheap either.

As with all things, your mileage may vary.

Good luck.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler