What's with Grizzly table saws now?

They're only showing one contractor's saw -- and it's the $645 one! By the time I convinced myself that there was no real price-equivalent competition for their bottom-of-the-line model (1022S, I think it was), they drop it, and now they've dropped the next one up, too. Am I missing something, or have they let go of a niche that they held pretty well? And is there anything out there worth considering in the US$300-400 price range other than the oft-maligned HF/Central Machinery saw? Lewis P.S. My apologies if this message posted twice; I don't think my ISP put it through, so I posted it with Google.
Lewis wrote:

Look at the $299 Ryobi BT3100 sold at Home Despot. There's a website devoted to this saw at <http://www.bt3central.com/ .
-- Steve
Don't want to spoil your dreams but most will tell you the single biggest change w/largest difference they made to their saw was the fence. Look at them also. Some here can tell you which ones are good; I like Bies and Unifence.

Hi, Thanks for the input, but I'm not sure I understand.... Are you talking about Ryobi, Grizzly, JET, or Harbor Freight? And did they improve or degrade the fence? From what model to what model? In any event, I've got a Shop Fox "original" fence that I'll be using. I like it, and probably won't even unbox the JETfence. Lewis