What's up with my bandsaw?

Hi,

I purchased a Grizzly G0555 14" bandsaw. I love the saw but recently it has been making pretty choppy cuts. I have been through the book and adjusted all I can find and it has helped a little but it is still a little chopping. The saw seems to shake when I use it. I have the footpads all the way down on the floor but the bouncing seems to continue. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Vaught

Some things to check:

Misaligned pulleys Bad drive belt Flat spot on the tires Bad blade weld of kinked blade

Nova

Also check both bandsaw wheels are co-planar with a straight edge when under tension.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

5 Reviews:

- Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener

- Miller Dowel System

- Robert Sorby Woodturning Chisels

- Kwikstand Portable Table Saw Stand

- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw

Woodman

Sloppy upper wheel bearing

(Guess what I spent today cursing over)

Andy Dingley

Also,

Check that no nuts or screws have come loose.

Layne

Reply to
Anonymous

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:48:20 GMT, "Stephen Vaught" pixelated:

In addition to the other suggestions, check that the tires are clean and the band tension is good. Recheck your belt tension on the motor. They tend to loosen up very quickly when new, as they break in. After an hour, they need retightening and will act just like you're describing.

Dynamic, Interactive Websites!

Larry Jaques

Reply to
Gary Roth