What's up with my bandsaw?

Hi,
I purchased a Grizzly G0555 14" bandsaw. I love the saw but recently it has been making pretty choppy cuts. I have been through the book and adjusted all I can find and it has helped a little but it is still a little chopping. The saw seems to shake when I use it. I have the footpads all the way down on the floor but the bouncing seems to continue. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.
Steve
Stephen Vaught wrote:

Some things to check:
Misaligned pulleys Bad drive belt Flat spot on the tires Bad blade weld of kinked blade

Sloppy upper wheel bearing
(Guess what I spent today cursing over)
Also,
Check that no nuts or screws have come loose.
Layne

Also check both bandsaw wheels are co-planar with a straight edge when under tension.
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 5 Reviews: - Veritas Jointer Blade Sharpener - Miller Dowel System - Robert Sorby Woodturning Chisels - Kwikstand Portable Table Saw Stand - Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw ------------------------------------------------------------
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:48:20 GMT, "Stephen Vaught"

In addition to the other suggestions, check that the tires are clean and the band tension is good. Recheck your belt tension on the motor. They tend to loosen up very quickly when new, as they break in. After an hour, they need retightening and will act just like you're describing.
------------------------------------------------------- Have you read the new book "What Would Machiavelli Do?" ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Dynamic, Interactive Websites! --------------------------------------------------------
Steve Couple of things you neglected to mention that can contribute to the vibration problem your experiencing. Has the saw always had a vibration or has it just recently started or just gotten worse? Have you made any modifications to the saw? The problem is that something is either out of balance or the V belt has developed a memory. Assuming you haven't made any modifications, the belt is the logical place to start, spend the big bucks and install a link belt. The standard solid belts that come with the machine do in fact develope a memory, when not in use they sit there with tension on and take the shape of both pulleys. Then when the machine is turned on you have curved sections of belt that naturally want to remain curved and straight sections of belt that want to remain straight as the belt rotates from small pulley to large pulley the tension changes and instant vibration sets in. If that doesn't solve your problem you can contact me by Email and we can go thru the other possibilities step by step. Good luck, Gary