what's this worth?

What would a Stanley No. 4 smooth plane made in USA 1910 be worth?
Probably sold for about 7-8 cents.

Its value depends on its condition. One place you can get an idea what it is worth by going to ebay.com and doing a search on Stanley #4 planes. There you will be able to see what like planes in similar condition to yours are actually selling for. My experience indicates that about a year ago Stanley #4 planes in near new condition were selling for $40 - $60.

Joe Nation wrote:

Location, location, location. Around here the average #4 would be $10-15 at an antique mall. Maybe $3-10 at a yard sale. Other places may have other prices.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Thanks Dave Im glad somebody said that besides me!
Jim

mel wrote:

I've bought about four of them from various flea markets and antique malls over the last 3-4 years. The cheapest was about $8.00. The most I paid was $12.00.

If ebay is a guide, less than the $40 you're thinking about ;-).
todd
Whatever you can get for it. It seems like there are a lot of suckers buying old crap on Ebay. Go for it!
Leslie
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.
The legs aren't too bad either!