What's this joint called?

Can anyone please tell me what this drawer joint is called? And maybe give a guess as to how old it might be? Pictures are at http://picasaweb.google.com/westcarleton/Joint
Thanks Ray

I have seen the joint and a jig to make that joint. The name escapes me though. I really liked the joint and was going to buy the jig. But something came up and it did not happen.
BikerRay wrote:

Oh, gosh, you would ask! :) FWW had a Letter to Editor asking same thing a while (probably 2+ yr???) but I forget what they actually called it. Whether it would be searchable and findable on the FWW web site I've no idea.
It is roughly 20's vintage or a little earlier iirc.

It's a 'pinned Bead Joint' . . . . okay..so I made it up..shoot me already...

Can't tell you the name, But I have an Antique Dresser from the 1850's that uses the same joint for the drawers.
Mike

Wow... can you imagine making a chest of drawers with those joints with a few homemade saws and some smith/homemade chisels circa 1850s?
Ouch.
Robert
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Actually I think it was designed as a machine-made joint. You could do the front with a quasi-forstner style bit (with a hole in the middle) in a line-boring sort of machine. The side would probably be some sort of molding head.
Chris

Do molding planes cut end grain? That sounds excessively punitive.
It's called a "pin and crescent joint".
You can make them with one of these:
http://www.woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 8-561&search=Matchmaker http://www.woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM -201&search=Matchmaker
BikerRay wrote:

Has anybody on this group tried this jig? How easy is it to get it right? Marc

Scallop & Pin joint. Machine made, about 1900.
AKA Knapp joint.
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 6-459&LARGEVIEW=ON&CARTID 0402157660284040--1
scott
Scott Lurndal wrote: