What's the opposite of a gloat?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#56191228&category 791
Glum? Glop?
Whatever the word is, that's what this buyer is doing. I bought a Jet-Lock fence with rails and mounting hdwe a few months ago for $40 and thought it may have been a glop. Perhaps I should reconsider...
Anybody want a Jet Lock with rails and mounting hardware? Only, uh, $350.
-Phil Crow
Phil Crow wrote:

Hey, we can tie this in with the thread entitled "Estate Sales - Your View".
I've given my wife and daughters instructions, that the in the event of my demise, "my friends get first dibs on my tools. What they don't want sell on ebay."
Maybe I can consider canceling my life insurance.
Maybe it's called a "bloat"?

on
Have a friend (mid+60s) who did that. Built his dream shop bought tools and told his wife that it would help him live longer and then the pension was hers and she could rent out the shop.
The opposite of a gloat is buying a Ryobi detail sander. At any price. Even for free.
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

Well, since it doesn't come on a saw, I guess it is an "After Market Fence". Hehe, it's got 8 bids up to $117. Will have to watch this one.
-- Bill Pounds http://www.bill.pounds.net/woodshop

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item#56191228&category 791

A "ream"?
Applicable modifiers:
abrasive dry splintery eccentric (alternate: off-center) power fancy Grade-A Grade-AA (&tc.) bowed, twisted, cupped
Take away, wreckers....
-JBB
I can give you a good example of an anti-gloat...
Found some old pallettes, and they looked like they might be red oak. Got the planks home and put 'em through my planer and it turned out to be knotty pine saturated with meat juice from the butcher shop where I found them... I forgot to check it for nails and blew two blades out and nearly fried the motor when the nails froze up the planer blade... If the fuse hadn't blown I'd be getting a new planer.
So I installed it on Linux...
Ouch. That's a dry, splintery, abrasive ream, fer sure.

J.B. Bobbitt wrote:

To top it off, he probably gave his planer mad cow disease.
On 3 Nov 2003 14:51:23 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Phil Crow) brought forth from the murky depths:

You say they "Pulled a Crapsman", Phil.
(Phil Crow) brought

ROFLMAO... Dunno, it just tickled my funny bone. -Phil Crow
What's the opposite of a gloat?
A Bay Area Dave.
I dunno, but it adds new meaning to the term "rip" fence.
So I installed it on Linux...
Thanks Phil. This was all I needed to get me going and list a couple of wind chime tubes (Jet Lock fence rails) on eBay. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get the same buyer.
UA100
Phil Crow wrote:

I'd call it a 'rip'
--