What's the best way to fix scratch on pine?

Hi, I have a chest of drawers that have some scratch on the surface. This chest is made out of pine or some soft wood. I can see the groove of the scratch. What's the best way to fix it?
tp
If the scratch is really a long skinny dent, try a damp washcloth and a steam iron to "raise" the dent.
We got this pine table from a neighbor that wanted to throw it out because of all the dents and scratches the kids put in it. A little time with a steam iron and a cotton cloth got out even the biggest dings. We cleaned up the existing finish and gave it back to them.
http://myweb.cableone.net/andya/pinecoffeetable2.jpg
They were thrilled. It was their first anniversary present to each other over 30 years ago.
Andy