What's the best way to fix scratch on pine?

Hi, I have a chest of drawers that have some scratch on the surface. This chest is made out of pine or some soft wood. I can see the groove of the scratch. What's the best way to fix it?

tp

Reply to
TP

If the scratch is really a long skinny dent, try a damp washcloth and a steam iron to "raise" the dent.

We got this pine table from a neighbor that wanted to throw it out because of all the dents and scratches the kids put in it. A little time with a steam iron and a cotton cloth got out even the biggest dings. We cleaned up the existing finish and gave it back to them.

were thrilled. It was their first anniversary present to each other over 30 years ago.

Andy

Reply to
andy