What's the best table saw for $700-ish???

I already have an Incra III fence that I will be transferring, so the fence that comes with the saw, can be thrown out or sold. What is the best saw for that money.
I see some with only a 1.5HP? Seems to be a lot of money for not much HP....
Thanks for your help!
Elmar
You could get the Grizzly 1023S cabinet saw (3 HP) for $825 and sell me its Shop Fox fence and rails for $100. That'd get you down to $700ish... :-)
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G1023S
Brian.

Brian wrote:

Showroom price in Muncy PA is $805.00 right now, if he charges you $105 for the fence he hits the magical $700.00. We picked a 1023S last week, along with their 300 pound oscillating spindle sander. I really like working with the people at Grizzly, they are really nice and customer service has been great - I hate to post how great because I know some will try to abuse it. I am already getting my list together for another Grizzly run in the spring after the weather breaks.
I know three people with this saw personally, and it is indeed a phenominal deal. I plan on getting my with my old Rockwell for some time to come, but really could use a new fence!!
Brian.

Elmar wrote...

A used Unisaw.
Jim
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Elmar) wrote in

Check out these reviews:
http://www.woodnet.net/toolreviews/tablesaws/tablesaws.html
--
Bill

Snuffle around for a vintage Unisaw. Great deals can be had.
GTO(John)

On 12 Dec 2003 18:17:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Elmar) wrote:

That 1023 Grizzly cabinet saw is a good buy for the money you have.
You might want to pick up a copy of Fine Woodworking magazine's Tools & Shops annual issue. It has a review article on 9 "midsize" tablesaws and most of them are in that price range.
Buying locally wasn't much of an option for me (no selection to speak of) and I ended up ordering the General 50-185LM1. In hindsight, I probably would have been happy with most of the saws available in that price range (but the reviewer in the article happened to stumble upon one of the Grizzly's that sneaked by their quality control).
Michael

Check out the new Grizzly 115 volt 2 hp contractor's saw that has the classic Shop Fox fence. I think it sells for $650. A comparable Delta 1 hp would sell for over $995.

Well I pretty much decided on the Grizzly Cabinet saw. Right now you can get the 3HP for the same price as the 2HP. With my Incra IIIa fence it should be an awsome saw.
I went to WoodCraft yesterday an about the only thing they had in my price range was the Jet, contractor style saw. I just cannot see spending $700-$750 on that saw with 1.5HP For $100 more I can get a 3HP and a cabinet saw.
The Shop Fox Classic fence will go on sale before I even unbox it. That should also help to ofset the cost, as well as the sale of my Craftsman Table saw that it's on now.
I should make about $300 on the sale of both of those...or pretty close.
Thanks for the recommendations!