What's Pinochle?

Can't find doodly-squat about it in Flexner's book.

Scott, who ought to know better.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

A game played by old people while waiting for varnish to dry.

Reply to
Frank Nakashima

Reply to
bynot

Thats the way we play it. My wifes family is a "card playing bunch" and I've learned a bunch of different games since marriage. about 45 yrs. ago. :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

3-handed "cut throat" is a great game; however, if 4 people are available, much prefer the double deck version without the 9's, only 10 thru ace of each suit.

Gives you an 80 card deck, 20 cards/hand and can be quite challenging, especially if you play the so called "army" game.

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Lew, Burned a *lot* of midnight oil, seen the dawn many a time playing double deck, but never heard of the "army" game. Quick explanation? Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow