What not to do with a dust collector

Ok, so I get this new machine in June and get it working and hooked up (an athletic event). Worked great and pulled 2 and sometimes 3 machines when I forgot to close the blast gates.

Everything was fine until I was planing a load of lumber and let the 55 gallon drum overfill. It also filled up the filter, so I took it out behind the shop and emptied it, put in a new bag, and off to the races again.

Still wouldn't fill up the barrel after properly replacing the bag and clamping it properly.... I called Oneida and the engineer said I should take a broom stick and job it up into the cyclone .... duh! It was packed with sawdust.

Working along, I heard a loud noise and investigated. I checked the barrel and I had not placed the clamp on correctly in my haste; barrel was empty and the bag was gone. Looked up into the cyclone and saw no bag.... Removed the bottom of the filter and it was partially in the filter and then up into the exhaust hung up on the filter efficiency gauge. Removed the filter again, pulled out the remainder of the bag... good as new again.

I should sue Oneida for not putting in a disclaimer about operation by stupid people!

Reply to
woodstuff

Wow. I'm not sure "stupid" is the correct word - seems a little strong to me - but I think you ought to be praising Oneida instead of suing.

If, after going through all that, my Harbor Freight DC was still good as new, I'd be really impressed. ;-)

Reply to
else24

He's right, don't sue.

Reply to