what miter gauge to buy

I am looking to purchase a new miter gauge does anyone have any suggestions? I have been leaning toward an Incra 1000 or 2000 or a Woodhaven Deluxe Miter Gauge for use on my table saw and router table. I am open to other suggestion also.

Thanks Bill

Reply to
BILLP

suggestions?

I don't get all hot and bothered with miter gauges.

A well built, accurate sled is less expensive and can do so much more, IMHO.

A 4x8 sheet of 3/4", 13 ply makes great jigs and sleds.

HTH

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I have the Incra V27, basic but very accurate. I picked it up last fall from Woodcraft. If I remember correctly the price was around 55-60 bucks.

Reply to
Mike S.

Can't really attest to those you mentioned, I chose the EB-3 and have no regrets - it's infinately adjustable and in my opinion, very solid.

Don

suggestions?

Reply to
D. J. Dorn

Hi, I have the Incra 1000SE, love it.......

Reply to
Tony

I had a look at one of these on the Lee Valley Tools website. It seems to be a very capable tool. How accurate are the degree settings on it? Is it reasonably easy to go to another setting and then return it to, say a 90° angle? Lastly, do the adjustment screws for the mitre slot width work as advertised?

Upscale

I'm happy with the Incra 1000SE. The Woodhaven that does only 45 & 90 is a good gauge, at a good price.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Hey BILLP,

I've got an Accu-miter, works well, rigid enough, reliable etc. The company also has excellent customer support.

I ran into a little bit of an issue with it as soon as it came out of the box. I bought it through Lee Valley, and contacted, both the manufacturer, and Lee Valley about the issue. Both were extraordinary in resolving the minor problem.

Cheers,

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

I would second this opinion on the V27. This miter, combined with my homemade crosscut sled handles all my needs. Put the money saved into something else you need/want.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Dodd

If you go with the Incra 1000, you ought to get the 1000se version. The extension for the fence comes in handy. I love mine.

Reply to
Donnie Vazquez

Bill,

Check out JoinTech's miter sled for table saw.

I have one and it is the greatest thing in the world. The accuracy is incredible. Repeatable cuts are a breeze. The arm can easily adjust every 1/2 degree - I could go on and on. If you need something for both a router and a table saw - this isn't it. But if you can get one for just your saw - this is it. If you can catch a woodworking show they usually have better prices and some kind of freebee. Well worth the money.

I have plenty of jigs and crosscut sleds. They have their purpose, but for 90% of my crosscuts I use this. Good luck.

MN Guy

Reply to
MN Guy

Ditto.

No matter what is chosen, make sure it's got some sort of stop that flips out of the way. Stops are very useful. Stops that don't flip suck.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y