what kit would you recommend for someone interested in joinery

wood joinery, that is...
so far i think i roughly have one of three options...
1) the tradidional chisels set, hacksaw, rubber hammer... i sorta like the abscence of that power tool noise and the "purity" of the artistry in this option...
2) dremel multitool, which i don't know much about
3) several powertools, including a router
are those all the options i have for a kit or is there more... please advise... and which do u recommend... thanks
Mike Henley asks:

When you're done trolling, go to the library and learn a bit.
Charlie Self I don't approve of political jokes. I've seen too many of them get elected.
Mike Henley asks:

Is there any other kind?...

Power tools do not make noise - they make music. And... they mask that ringing sound in your ears that accompanies the purity of artistry.

Dremel tools are useful for cleaning the plaque out from between your teeth, but they're not really power tools.

See - you already knew the answer. You were just looking for that confirmation, weren't you?

Oh heck no - there's whittleing knives, and all sorts of crafty things - and... we haven't even touched on the artistry of chain saw carving
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
Mike Marlow wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

God hates a know it all Dave...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com
tell me something I DON'T know...
dave
Mike Marlow wrote:

set, hacksaw, rubber hammer... i sorta

LOL
Now you know, someone is going to try this. Come to think of it, my teeth are looking kind of dirty. Hmmm . . .
Paul

teeth,
Don't laugh but I chipped a front tooth (very small chip but razor sharp) used a new reinforced cut off wheel face on in my dremel to very carefully smooth the chip off.....took only one second & made an perfect job......don't try this at home LOL
Jon (scarface) Down
On 29 Feb 2004 09:14:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Mike Henley) wrote:

whatever else you end up getting, do this first.

nope. dremel stuff is way too light to move the amount of wood needed.

routers are great for precision wood removal. you'll be making a lot of jigs.

a drill press is mighty handy.
With the level of knowledge displayed in the question I suggest you not use anything sharp and follow Charlie Self's advice.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

No kidden,,, nothing like cutting dovetails with my hacksaw.
And when it comes time for the finish, don't forget *spackle* and a nice coat of latex. :-)     j4
No doubt, start with getting yourself a well made rubber hammer and master it thoroughly: Study it, use it, feel it, think it . . . become that rubber hammer.
From there (and I mean after a minimum of 3 years with the rubber hammer) I recommend aquiring a hacksaw. Practically everything I've ever constructed of wood I have done using only a hacksaw (and a rubber hammer).
It sounds simple perhaps, but it can take a lifetime to master just those two tools.
Good luck.
-MB