What kind of outside treament can I put on a birdhouse?

I am building a birdhouse and the book is unclear as to what kind of chemicals I can use on the outside of the house. Can I use a stain followed by a polyurethane coating on the outside (no chemicals on the inside). Thank you.

Reply to
jm

Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Hi Jim,

Depends >I am building a birdhouse and the book is unclear as to what kind of

Reply to
Cody Hart

You can use exterior house paint for the exterior. Leave the inside untreated. Allow the paint to cure for at least a month.

Reply to
Phisherman