What kind of joinery used in this chair?

Thoughts, ideas? :^)

TheNewGuy

Looks like standard chair type mortice and tenon to me. The picture is a bit hard to see though.

Reply to
Charley

Do you think Kreg makes a pocket jig for lag bolts? ;) --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

that picture doesn't give much of a shot of the inside. if I was building that chair I'd want to get some heavy bolts inside the jointery. there's a lot of leverage acting on those joints.

Reply to
bridger

Yeah, but it's really more of a construction job than a furniture-making job; this chair needn't be load-bearing - who is gonna sit on it? :^)

Still, it'd be fasc>

Reply to
TheNewGuy