What is treen?

I always thought that treen was the word touse for small turned wooden objects. I have seen and heard it lately referring to any wooden object whether turned or not. One dictionary defines treen as "anything made entirely from wood". A treen book case? Don't think so. Or am I being a fussy old purist about it?
FoggyTown
foggytown wrote:

I keep seeing the word "treen" used in conjunction with kitchen ware. Of course, it is used as "treen ware".
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/treen
But you know how the dictionary is these days... just about anything goes.
Robert

That describes Al Gore.

Green tween?
Our dictionary has a "zero" equating to a "O", a numeric equal to a alpha!
On 20 Sep 2006 13:10:19 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

foggytown wrote:

Its anything worked in wood,look up *treen antiques* you'll find a host of antique wooden objects. But mostly associated with wooden boxes.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

If it's made out of a tree, it's treen.
Lee

What ever tool they're trying to sell? I've seen treen tables and several places sell special treen mandrels for lathes... Spin any good tables lately? *g*
Mac
foggytown wrote:

Usually, but not always. General definition seems to be "Made from trees, with no better or more specific term for it"
Another one is "firelighters"