What is this?

http://www.harriswilcox.com/images/photos/colegend/slides/100_4161.html
Kinda looks like a giant biscuit joiner...
Toller wrote:

I'm thinking it's a slot cutter of some sort.
Maybe for tongue and groove.
I think you could use it for either. Those piles of lumber look interesting too.

Joe_Stein wrote:

Yeah, but what's the deal on the Acorn stove?
Shop coffee or steam bending?

it either uses a foot pedal to move the blade into the wood or you push the wood into the blade. I think I've seen one similar to it.
That looks like an interesting group of equipment and stock. I would like to be able to go to the auction.
Frank
It's a benchtop biscuit joiner that is/was made by Delta and the only biscuit joiner that I know of that isn't a hand-held model. It is supposed to have stops on the table to position the wood and it has a foot petal that causes the blade to cut the biscuit slot. A very good machine for small production runs that require biscuits.
--
Charley