what is the value of a sears craftsman10 inch radial arm saw model no. 113.29411

Page 1 of 3
I am selling a sears craftsman accra-arm 10 inch radial saw, model number 113.29411. that is attached to the table and cabinet... What is the value of this and how much should I sell it for. It is in good working condition.. A prompt reply would be greatly appreciated. Thank you..
On 9/26/2013 9:44 AM, Sandra wrote:

$75? But you might get a better estimate if you indicate the year it was built and usage it has seen.
replying to Leon , Sandy wrote:

thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again,
On 9/26/2013 1:44 PM, Sandy wrote:

That it or nearly so?
Those are pretty good saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high disfavor w/ the general public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is likely going to be difficult unless you can find the rara avis that knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead of just a bargain hunter.
I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all, but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break $100 unfortunately.
What accessories/blades did he have to round it out?
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:34:28 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

cb11211 wrote: >> >> $75? But you might get a better estimate if you indica te the year it >> was built and usage it has seen. > > > thank you for the quick reply.. I have the handbook and it says copyright > 1969. It was used by my dad in his home workshop... Thanks again, <http://vintagemachinery.o rg/photoindex/detail.aspx?idB> That it or nearly so? Those are pretty g ood saws; unfortunately the RAS has fallen into high disfavor w/ the genera l public owing to (imo mostly unfounded/highly exaggerated) tales of their danger quotient so getting a real value is likely going to be difficult unl ess you can find the rara avis that knows what it is that is looking at and wants it for that reason instead of just a bargain hunter. I'd _value_ it at $150-200 depending on just how clean it is and all, but as Leon says and I repeat above it's highly unlikely you'll break $100 unfortunately. What accessories/blades did he have to round it out? --
My brother's Craftsman saw was bought in 1975. I used it often. It is a g ood saw. He received the (recalled) replacement blade guard and it still w orks fine. I think he was sent new wood for the whole table top, also. I 'd value his at $150-$200, but it's whether someone would pay that much for it.
If yours doesn't have the replaced blade guard, yet, get it. If you don't know if it has been replaced, the recall folks should have a record, to kno w or not.
Post it for $200 (with the relaced guard), with lots of pics (Craigslist?). If, in 2-3 weeks, no one buys, then reduce the price.
Sonny
On 9/26/2013 11:44 AM, Sandy wrote:

I bought one at a yard sale for $15. Then someone said something about a recall. I checked the number, and sure enough, it was one of the ones being recalled. They sent me a FedEx box for free prepaid shipping. I just took off the motor and sent it to them, and in a couple of weeks, I got a check for $100.
Steve
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:44:02 +0000, Sandra

There was a recall on Sears radial saws. Check the site below and if your saw is included you get $100 for returning the motor & carriage. Shipping is free.
http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/
replying to athiker , Sandra wrote:

thank you for the information..
On 9/26/2013 10:37 AM, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrote:

Yep, his saw model is on the list (as is my old RAS); less hassle than selling the thing, just take the money & run!

That's funny, a few years ago, I tried to point someone to this, and the site had retracted the 100 and just offered the kit.
Not sure what happened... change of heart?
--
Jeff

But the kit will make it nice and pretty for sale. ;-)
On 9/27/2013 8:39 PM, woodchucker wrote:

[snip]

AFAIK, the $100 "bounty" has never been taken down. Perhaps the model number you ran was different.
This site covers a number of the saws and many were able to be retrofitted with a kit. For those, postage was paid IIRC for the old parts taken off. Sadly, mine was only wanted "dead." Good saw and provided (actually still use it now and again) service.
It was from that age of Craftsman power tools - ca late 69's early 70's - when they still had "it." If you took time to set it up properly it would stay in alignment and do a right fine job.
My kit is coming. I've been using my saw for all these years and have made a number of complex items on it. I plan on some in the months to come as well.
Martin

I have two of the old 10 inch radial saws that are recalled , regretfully I just now found out about the retro kit that was available . Regretfully wh en I called yesterday and asked about it , I was told they no longer offere d the kit , just the 100 rebate or what ever it is called . Where have I be en all these years to have never heard about this recall till now , I read somewhere that it has been in effect for a couple of decades , always was l ate on everything lol . Bought one of my 10 inch radial saws new at Sears i n the late seventies I believe . Bought it new at Sears for $318.00. Would love to have had the retro kit , especially the new table top . I can not i magine someone trashing their saw for 100 bucks , esp. if it still in super nice condition . I just picked up the other one a couple of days ago in a trade for a Makita 15 inch planer . Its all there but the motor just hums w hen you turn it on . Plan on calling Sears tomorrow and see if you can stil l send motors to them to be repaired and find out about cost to do so . I L ike these saws that much that I will try and get it fixed rather than sell off the parts for 100 and sell it to someone who may be looking for a used one . Never checked on the price of a new one yet but I am sure they are pr etty high in price . I have had some close calls concerning injury on mine but is was always due to carelessness . Its a great saw , you just need to not rush into doing some things on it . I never did like trying to rip a bo ard on it , will stick with my table saw for that . Good luck to those who are looking to buy and sell theirs saws .
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 11:37:15 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@wind.net wrot e:

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 2:23:13 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@frontier.com wr ote:

[...]

ote:

ber

lue

I don't believe the retro kit was ever available for that version of saw... You can probably still find an intact RAS on your local CL for less than th e cost of a new motor...
On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:06:03 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
wrote:

[...]

wrote:

umber

value

..You can probably still find an intact RAS on your local CL for less than the cost of a new motor...
26 Craftsman RAS's on CL in my local area...$50 - $150, various conditions.
I got mine for free the owner wanted it out of his shop. It conflicted with his much better and older equipment.
Mike in Ohio
On 9/26/2013 10:44 AM, Sandra wrote:

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 7:44:02 AM UTC-7, Sandra wrote:

ftsman10-inch-radial-arm-saw-764332-.htm

I bought a Sears RAS in 1969 or so I build cabinets, a rear deck, stairs an d more with it. I never had an instant of trouble with it Sadly, I sold it when we moved 15 years ago. I'm now trying to sell a small table saw and a laser compound miter saw and looking for another radial. There are a few li sted on Craigslist for from $50 to $150 but I can't get a response from any of the sellers. Crazy
Note the Post date
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:13:55 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

In the early '80's My wife's cousin had a Sears RAS that he was unable to get cutting straight. He asked me to try and set it up for him as I had a cabinet shop. Wow, was that ever a piece of crap. Several years later he tried to give me the saw, for free.... I declined. I don't know if early or later Sears saws were better, but I know they couldn't have been worse. Whatever asking price you decide, I sure don't want it.
--
Jack