What is the proper angle for sharpening Inca 410 knives?

I'm using the "Scary Sharp(tm)" methor for sharpening my Inca 410 jointer/planer knives. I've only owned this unit for a week. The manual doesn't indicate an angle for sharpening. When I was trying to find another set of blades I noticed that every other brand of knife was at 45-degrees, so I was kinda assuming my Inca 410 would require 45-degrees, as well. But they are more steep, like 60-degrees. Could that be right? Or were they mis-sharpened at some point? Anyone know the definitive answer on this?
I don't want to get it scary-wrong.
Thanks! Phil