What is the HP for this motor?

Hi,
I have an old craftsman motor lying around. I checked the spec label and it does not list the HP but it list other info.
Can someone give me an idea of the HP for this motor?
The info for the motor is:
V 120 A 7.9 1725 RPM HP w0486
Thanks
Alex

Comparing it to the specs of other motors, I'd have to put this motor at roughly 1/2 HP.
todd

=======> To convert from watts to horsepower, multiply by 0.00134. The HP w0486 or: .65 hp.
Leif
Leif Thorvaldson wrote:

Which, after accounting for losses, is 1/2 HP.

Which, after accounting for the "Craftsman label" , is about 1/4 HP. ;~)

efficient; so somewhat over 1/2hp.

And yet another way of estimating the motor power:
Rated Input power is 120v * 7.9a = 940 watts (an estimation since this is an AC inductive load)
Assume 50% efficiency ( to account for mechanical and electrical inefficiencies, power factor, etc.) => 940 * .50 = 470 output watts. (pretty good match for the 'w0486' HP entry assuming the 486 is the motor power stated in watts)
HP (est) = 470/746 = .63
So we are in the 1/2 to 3/4 HP range.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
<Tom Veatch> wrote in message wrote:

Or, in Craftsman terms, Maximum developed horsepower is 2.
<respectfully snipped>

LOL!!! At least!
woodstuff
Thanks a lot everyone.