What is it with this place?

Me, too. And yet, I still can't find 'the good one" when I need it.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Tne Old One will appear as soon as you buy a New One

Reply to
RM MS

Hell, I can't find the _bad_ one when I need it. I thought it was just me.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Reply to
Roemax

No but if you throw the saw away the blades will turn up soon after

skeez

Reply to
skeez

But if you don't throw it away, the blades won't turn up. Or you need to buy new blades, but then the saw will disappear again. Dilemmas!

Reply to
luigirecnorm

I cooked my usual breakfast this morning at 6, walked by past the stove again at 10 and there were my fried eggs, still in the skillet looking back at me ... and yep, the ham was still in the microwave.

Good thing is at least must have remembered to turn the stove off, bad thing is I don't remember doing it, only thing for certain is that I must of not been hungry ...

Reply to
Swingman

The first place I look when I can't locate one of my tools is at my neighbor's house.

Reply to
Nova

I am joining this "can't find it & possible solutions" discussion late. Here's my contribution.

My dad used to get really upset because he could never find a 9/16" wrench. We would spend hours hunting that thing down. When I grew up and flew the coop, I ended up at an industrial surplus place that had numerous wrenches in a scrap bin. I fished out a goodly number of various sizes and a whole bunch of 9/16" wrenches.

I sent the wrenches to him. He got upset at me. But years later, he thanked me. He said he never knew how a bunch of 9/16" wrenches could come in so handy!

As for me, I never could keep track of a measuring tape. I had to keep buying new ones. I had several, but the just vanished all the time. Then one day at the industrial surplus center, just love that place, they had a sale on a big batch of tools. And on the shelf, they had a number of bright, neon colored measuring tapes.

I bought all 14 of them. And I have bought more over the years as well. My wife even bought me that giant battery operated meauring tape from Black and Decker! I have several measuring tapes in my office, a couple in the living room, one in each car and a couple in the wife's sewing room. And lots of them in the shop as well. I am never more than a few steps from a measuring tape.

I wish I could tell you that solved my vanishing tools problem. I still have that malady. But as far as measuring tapes go, I am covered.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

... and they were laughing hysterically at you, weren't they? I know the stuff I find after buying its replacement does that to me.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

What I want to know is where the international orange tape measure that I "JUST" set down is?

Dave

Reply to
David G. Nagel

I don't know about that but I do know that sox become hangers some time during the rinse cycle.

Reply to
David G. Nagel

A while back I thought that I had reached the saturation point with my tools. I was wrong, I'm still having to buy a new something every other day because I can't find the last one I bought.

Dave

Reply to
David G. Nagel

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 22:02:03 +0000, Swingman wrote (in article ):

What is this "not hungry" of which you earth people speak?

Reply to
Bored Borg

"David G. Nagel" wrote

I shared my experience with tape measures.

I have found, for me at least, that the only good solution for the vanishing tape measure is to assemble a critical mass of tape measures. Once enough of them is close by, they can't mess with you any more. The actual number required varies with the individual.

(You do realize the tape measures get together and plot and scheme against you, don't you?)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"David G. Nagel" wrote in news:NGD2l.10975 $ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi065.nbdc.sbc.com:

If you see a 30' Craftsman, it's mine. Please ask it to return home where it belongs.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Too bad they don't reproduce.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

A friend of mine, over a period of weeks would steal a sock out of the washing machine or dryer when his wife was doing laundry. She would line them up on the back of the washer, waiting for the mate to show up. Then, he put the whole bunch in the washing machine. She couldn't figure out where they had been. He also told his new co-workers that his wife was a native indian and that after marriage it had taken some time to get her to use the stove instead of cooking everything over a fire in the back yard. She couldn't figure out why everyone looked strangely at her at her first company party. A hard man to be friends with as you could never tell if he was putting you on or telling a truth.

Tom G.

Reply to
Tom G

Asexual reproduction. We're a necessary part of the cycle, a classic symbiotic relationship, unequal and assymetrical. When we can no longer stand their absence, we gather some more. (We're apparently the parasitic half.)

Reply to
MikeWhy

Until the time that me and my wife got married, she had never cooked on anything but a wood stove. Paw-in-law is 90 and still doing so. Wood stoves have the very nice feature of cutting themselves off if you leave them unattended, gas is not so forgiving. There is still a lot of food being burned beyond recognition.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk