What is it? Weekend Edition 8

)>> )> LOL! )>

)> Many years ago, I saw an article in Hustler Mag, about some little )> funnel-thing somebody was marketing to enable women to pee at a urinal; )> there was a pic (from behind) of some woman standing at a urinal using )> this little device. )>

)> I don't think it ever caught on. ;-) )>

)> Thanks! )> Rich )>

)>

)> ) ) I only read Hustler for the pictures. :-) ) First, it would have to be used in the Men's room. No urinals in the ) Woman's room. ) Secondly, it would have to be washed afterwards, unless it is disposable. ) Lastly, unless it was a foldable paper funnel, where would it be kept ) between visits?

Willem

Reply to
Willem

Aah! Samantha Fountain invented it. They also sell sexy pink pants with a discreet hole for the spout. I'll have to get a Shewee and some of those pants. No more indecent exposure charges on the long walk home from a night of drinking!

It's recommended for scuba divers. I wonder if it would also work in a swimming pool. ;)

Reply to
J Burns

Years ago, I was talking to a retired WW2 Air Force pilot He was telling me that they used to have a pipe connected, plastic or rubber, to the pilots water outlet and when they wanted a pee, they just did The pipe was trailed to the outside and blew away in the wind. He called it a Pissaphone pipe. Guess it would stop having to go outside on the wing for a leak

Reply to
George W Frost

The Steven Canyon Show ran from 1958 to 1960. In one episode, the civilian passenger in a 2-seat fighter pressed his eye against what he thought was a bomb sight, then asked over the intercom, "What's this?"

"That's the relief tube."

Reply to
J Burns

[ ... ]

I know of at least one woman who uses one of some brand or other (yes, there are several makers). She passes as a man in a Civil War re-enactment troupe, and needs to be able to relieve herself against a tree as the other soldiers do.

[ ... ]

You've never been in a men's room which has been "liberated" by a crowd of women? Typically at a concert venue where there are just as many women's johns as men's -- but not anything to take the place of the urinals. Women normally take longer to do their thing with a normal john, because of the extra layers which have to be removed and replaced, so there is never time during the intermission to handle all of them who need to go.

A container to store it after use until it can be washed. Or -- just wash it when she washes her hands at the sink.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Oddly enough..there are a significant number of women who use these things, but dont wave them around. Long haul truck drivers, tour bus drivers, etc etc.

I know at least 5 ladies who keep one in their gear.

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I'll go ahead and post the answer for this one, it's a shoemaker's welt trimmer, a cutting tool used with a pushing motion to trim the outer edge of a welt after stitching.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

That is taken care of in the (long) line before getting into the johns in the situation which I described (snipped).

And how many people do you expect to know how to decode that these days given how few do bottom posting? :-)

Furrfu!

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

(...)

Whfg ybt gb uggc://jjj.ebg13.pbz/vaqrk.cuc naq cnfgr lbhe grkg vagb gur jvaqbj.

--Jvafgba

Reply to
Winston

Or just right click and select rot-13 in Netscape.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or IE Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

?

Not everyone is butt ignorant.

Shrug

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

What an offensive and narrow-minded quote. Does John Tucci really believe that everyone in America has the opportunity to rise out of poverty? Or, as Reagan used to say, "Anyone can grow up to be a millionaire"? I sure hope I never get that limited a view of the complexities of poverty. I grew out of it, and I attribute at least

50% of my success to blind luck, not life choices. Its anything but a level playing field out there, no matter how much Tucci wants it to be otherwise, in order to justify his point of view.

--riverman

Reply to
humunculus

I was looking for that in Thunderbird when the message first came through, but for some reason that option no longer exists.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Analyze your "blind luck" carefully and you'll likely find that others had the same "blind luck" and didn't do anything with it.

But do you believe that robbing the rich will make the poor rich?

Reply to
J. Clarke

Rob H. wrote the following:

The glue all over the handle shoulda given it away. :-)

Reply to
willshak

No, but I do believe that the playing field in a capitalist democratic system is tilted in favor of the wealthy, and that its too easy for them who have, to get more. Not 'robbing the rich', just putting a governor on it.

Reply to
humunculus

Thnderbird has made way too many changes for my taste. I still use Netscape 4.8 for newsgroups. I've been told that it doesn't work with Vista or 7, though. This is an XP system, in spite of what the headers say.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your opinion is indeed noted.

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Millions of English used to live and make their living on public lands. The king decided his friends could become very rich if he privatized these lands. Over two or three centuries, millions of displaced people starved. Darwin called it survival of the fittest. Dickens called it survival of the fattest. The cheap labor of the desperately poor made the industrial revolution very profitable.

In America, most settlers were supposed to end up like slaves because only corporations were to own land. The Indians thought that would ruin the environment. By selling land to a corporation, Samoset got legal recognition that Indians, not the king, were the owners. They used that recognition to give or sell land to individual farmers. That's how democracy took root among New England colonists.

George Washington and Henry Knox wanted to prevent democracy from spreading. They came up with a scheme of calling Indian tribes nations. It was illegal for a member of one of these "nations" to give a white guy a break by giving or selling him land. Instead, the Army would be called in to force a self-styled Indian leader to cede a bunch of land, which would end up in the hands of powerful whites.

Reply to
J Burns