What is it? Weekend Edition 8

Page 2 of 3
On 10/31/10 1:55 PM, Willem wrote:

Aah! Samantha Fountain invented it. They also sell sexy pink pants with a discreet hole for the spout. I'll have to get a Shewee and some of those pants. No more indecent exposure charges on the long walk home from a night of drinking!
It's recommended for scuba divers. I wonder if it would also work in a swimming pool. ;)

Years ago, I was talking to a retired WW2 Air Force pilot He was telling me that they used to have a pipe connected, plastic or rubber, to the pilots water outlet and when they wanted a pee, they just did The pipe was trailed to the outside and blew away in the wind. He called it a Pissaphone pipe. Guess it would stop having to go outside on the wing for a leak
On 10/31/10 6:41 PM, George W Frost wrote:

The Steven Canyon Show ran from 1958 to 1960. In one episode, the civilian passenger in a 2-seat fighter pressed his eye against what he thought was a bomb sight, then asked over the intercom, "What's this?"
"That's the relief tube."

    [ ... ]

    I know of at least one woman who uses one of some brand or other (yes, there are several makers). She passes as a man in a Civil War re-enactment troupe, and needs to be able to relieve herself against a tree as the other soldiers do.
    [ ... ]

    You've never been in a men's room which has been "liberated" by a crowd of women? Typically at a concert venue where there are just as many women's johns as men's -- but not anything to take the place of the urinals. Women normally take longer to do their thing with a normal john, because of the extra layers which have to be removed and replaced, so there is never time during the intermission to handle all of them who need to go.

    A container to store it after use until it can be washed. Or -- just wash it when she washes her hands at the sink.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

    That is taken care of in the (long) line before getting into the johns in the situation which I described (snipped).

    And how many people do you expect to know how to decode that these days given how few do bottom posting? :-)
    Furrfu!
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
DoN. Nichols wrote:
(...)

Whfg ybt gb uggc://jjj.ebg13.pbz/vaqrk.cuc naq cnfgr lbhe grkg vagb gur jvaqbj.
--Jvafgba
Winston wrote:

Or just right click and select rot-13 in Netscape.
enough left over to pay them.
On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 00:19:18 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Or IE Gerry :-)} London, Canada

I was looking for that in Thunderbird when the message first came through, but for some reason that option no longer exists.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

Thnderbird has made way too many changes for my taste. I still use Netscape 4.8 for newsgroups. I've been told that it doesn't work with Vista or 7, though. This is an XP system, in spite of what the headers say.
enough left over to pay them.

?
Not everyone is butt ignorant.
Shrug
Gunner
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

What an offensive and narrow-minded quote. Does John Tucci really believe that everyone in America has the opportunity to rise out of poverty? Or, as Reagan used to say, "Anyone can grow up to be a millionaire"? I sure hope I never get that limited a view of the complexities of poverty. I grew out of it, and I attribute at least 50% of my success to blind luck, not life choices. Its anything but a level playing field out there, no matter how much Tucci wants it to be otherwise, in order to justify his point of view.
--riverman
In article <ef5e3cfa-4eb3-4676-a152-

Analyze your "blind luck" carefully and you'll likely find that others had the same "blind luck" and didn't do anything with it.
But do you believe that robbing the rich will make the poor rich?

No, but I do believe that the playing field in a capitalist democratic system is tilted in favor of the wealthy, and that its too easy for them who have, to get more. Not 'robbing the rich', just putting a governor on it.
On 11/2/10 10:21 AM, humunculus wrote:

Millions of English used to live and make their living on public lands. The king decided his friends could become very rich if he privatized these lands. Over two or three centuries, millions of displaced people starved. Darwin called it survival of the fittest. Dickens called it survival of the fattest. The cheap labor of the desperately poor made the industrial revolution very profitable.
In America, most settlers were supposed to end up like slaves because only corporations were to own land. The Indians thought that would ruin the environment. By selling land to a corporation, Samoset got legal recognition that Indians, not the king, were the owners. They used that recognition to give or sell land to individual farmers. That's how democracy took root among New England colonists.
George Washington and Henry Knox wanted to prevent democracy from spreading. They came up with a scheme of calling Indian tribes nations. It was illegal for a member of one of these "nations" to give a white guy a break by giving or selling him land. Instead, the Army would be called in to force a self-styled Indian leader to cede a bunch of land, which would end up in the hands of powerful whites.

Interesting world view you have there. Is that the result of a head injury?
Gunner
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

(snip)
Yeah, that IS kinda strange.
On 11/3/10 7:21 AM, humunculus wrote:

Kirkpatrick Sale _Rebels_Against_the_Future_ Addison-Wesley Publishing 1995.
Some English lived in towns. Some owned land or were subjects of landowners. The rest lived on public land. A big motive for turning public land into private estates was to get rich producing wool.
Large numbers of displaced Scotch and Irish ended up in America, while displaced English went to cities. Gin became popular as a cheap means of slow suicide.
On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 04:24:10 -0700 (PDT), humunculus

Your opinion is indeed noted.
Gunner
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it, or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate results." - John Tucci,

    Lbh cbfg gur vafgehpgvbaf ba ubj gb ebg13 qrpbqr (be rapbqr, fvapr vg vf n erirefvoyr cebprff) *va* ebg13.
    Lbh zhfg ernyyl abg jnag gubfr jub qba'g xabj gb yrnea. :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail