What is it? Weekend Edition 6

Page 2 of 2
On 10/3/10 7:53 PM, J Burns wrote:

Rats! I meant through the hole in a cast-iron star nail tray.
On 10/3/10 5:25 PM, Rob H. wrote:

I haven't found any pictures of compartmentalized tobacco boxes, but there's a guy who wants one: http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/how-many-blends-are-there
He says he would like to keep pipe tobacco in a tackle box holding 3 or 4 bowlfuls in each compartment.
Nowadays, pipe tobacco is often sold in foil pouches. It costs more that way, and it has additives to keep it fresh. It still loses flavor rapidly in a pouch, and it's hard to load a pipe from a nearly empty foil pouch.
Tobacco from a fresh can tastes better. It's easy to fill your pipe because you can see what you're doing and spilled tobacco falls back into the can.
A can may contain more than 200 bowlfuls. If you open it that many times, it will lose flavor. Also, when filling from a can you can't keep track of your daily usage. If you smoke more than half an ounce in a day, it won't taste good the next day, and you may run out a week before you can buy more.
I transfer my tobacco to an empty can half an ounce at a time. The mystery item would hold a week's worth of half-ounce rations. If the compartments are not all empty at the end of the week, you can fill the empty ones and keep moving clockwise. The diameter is bigger than a can, so you won't spill on your desk. Thick wood seems like a good idea for a tobacco box because you can add humidity to the wood to keep the tobacco from drying out.

I've seen something vaguely similar for holding lead fishing weights. This for example:
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fishing/Terminal-Tackle/Weights |/pc/104793480/c/104779980/sc/104685480/Bullet-Weight-Split-Shot-Assortment/702065.uts?destination=/catalog/browse/fishing-terminal-tackle-weights/_/N-1100373&rid0&WT.tsrc=SEO&WT.mc_id=Google&WT.z_mc_id1=fishing%20lead%20weight%20holder
I'm far from convinced, but thought the idea worth floating(!)

24 is definitely a picture frame, I fact I have seen them with a small picture in them.
Steve R.
Steve R. wrote:

Looks a LOT like the hand screws I use to attach my tree stand to the tree. They go through drilled holes in the frame and into the tree. The T is usually dipped into handle dip to provide some protection.
This is a newer version
http://www.keystonecountrystore.com/Treestands/Treestand_Accessories/Cranford_Ezy_Supreme_T-Screw/Page_2/TRS1096902.html
--
Steve W.