What is it? Set 554

Page 1 of 4
I need some help with 3236 and 3237 in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/NhBjx/new
Rob
3235 Guess... An inside measuring vernier [type] caliper, to measure some inside dimension between the probe on the right of the upper slide and the anvil on the right in the first picture.
On 7/17/2014 4:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:
3237 A merchant's measuring scoop, let me guess; for measuring some spice sold by volume.
On 7/17/2014 4:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:
3238 Guess... A grounding [earthing] spike, clamp cable into tabs at the right.
On 7/17/2014 4:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3239. Left side, dent puller. Right side, automotive ball jointer splitter fork.

Your description is essentially correct, but it's not for providing the ground, but rather is called a "lightning rod"-- actually to provide a preferential strike point for lightning. The saddle nails to a roof ridge. The rest is as you said.
They're dangerous as Hell, producing a greater tendency for strikes than without them. Safer, and less strike-inducing are corona brushes, which you'll find on any modern installation. They rapidly dissipate accumulated charges without inducing a direct strike.
LLoyd
"Rob H." wrote in message
I need some help with 3236 and 3237 in this set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/NhBjx/new
Rob
============================================ 3239 - Slide hammer bearing puller, and a "pickle fork" tie rod separator.
(I'll be everyone in this group will get that one.)
--
Ed Huntress

Leon wrote:

Look at the left one again , it's designed for pushing , not pulling , from the look of that ridge up by the handle . Having just <2 weeks ago> replaced my ball joints <and control arm bushings> , I'm thinking that tool is for installing them .
--
Snag

On 7/17/2014 8:05 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

That could be right but I never have seen one for doing that. I worked around automotive shops for 20 years. Generally an impact wrench on the bolt and or nut would seat bushings or ball joints and or tie rod ends. A zip gun/ air chisel was generally used to remove A frame bushings. Perhaps the left tool is for the seating the bushings rather than ball joints.
Terry Coombs wrote:

It is a simple slide hammer. The fixture on the end is for a 2 jaw puller attachment. The cone shaped piece has a convex taper to one side and a concave one on the other. When used with the jaws it clamps the jaws in whichever direction needed. I have the same on in a case in the shop.
this is it's cousin.
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_21847.jpg
The pickle fork is correct though.
--
Steve W.

Leon wrote:

We ended up pushing the bushings in with a 12 ton hydraulic press , and that was a b**ch , I don't think any kind of hammer device would work . Lower BJ's were installed using a made-for-that tool and an air impact wrench , but I think a device like that one would also work to hammer them in . These were on a 28 yr old truck , and to get the old bushings out we had to "shrink" them with an air chisel , and burn the rubber out of some to get at the center sleeve .
--
Snag

On 7/17/2014 4:19 AM, Rob H. wrote:

you to make it easy. Now, that wasn't so hard, was it?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Stop being an asshole.
--
Steve W.

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Answers for 533 you idiot, took all of 10 seconds to find.
> [...]
Thanks! That really nails this one down, I'll send your link to the owner.
Still no solid answers for the last two in this set but the rest have been posted:
Rob
--
Steve W.

On 7/17/2014 1:05 PM, Steve W. wrote:

Thanks, buddy. You're so kind.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Steve W. wrote:

He's just doing what he does best ... just ploink him and be done with the idiot .
--
Snag

On 7/17/2014 4:55 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

At least one fellow tried to show me how to find the information. What do you bring to the situation?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes, two of us showed you exactly how to find the answers. Did we get any thanks?........ Did we feck!!
--
David

On 7/18/2014 4:59 AM, David B wrote:

Incidentally, thank you for trying. I'm used to seeing the answers as formatted, and would appreciate that to be reinstated.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

You haven't seen them in the last seven weeks, and you bitch about it all the time.
I didn't create the problem, you are the problem.
If you are doing this for attention, STOP. Why not direct your posts toward answers to others' problems. At least then, if you get attention, it will be constructive.
Lloyd