What is it? Set 553

Page 2 of 3
Rob H. wrote:

3234 may be a tube for force feeding ducks or geese .
john
.
On 7/13/2014 12:14 AM, John wrote:

Sunday AM, and no answers yet? I keep looking for answers in the subject line.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/13/2014 7:49 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I went back and read the posts I have for this group, and didn't find the answers any where.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Not this again!!! I just had a look and found them in about 20 seconds.
For future reference they are always half way down the same page (or just add #answers to the URL)
--
David

On Thu, 17 Jul 2014 07:21:15 -0400, Stormin Mormon

Guess you will remain ignorant
Markem wrote:

Don't feed the troll....
--
Steve W.

On 7/17/2014 11:48 AM, Steve W. wrote:

Or, provide the requested information.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/17/2014 7:32 AM, Markem wrote:

Guess you will refuse to be kind, gracious, and helpful?
Does it occur to anyone that when a person repeatedly asks for information, the kind thing to do is to provide the information?
What does that say about you bunch of cruel and sarcastic information deniers? Did your psychiatrist ever diagnose your as anal retentive?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Last month I told you how to find the answer in plain english. Rob does not put answer in the subject line, now others have found the answers. Why can you not?

You said a mouthful.
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Followups set.

It sounds like you're looking in the wrong place.
The images for the current puzzle are posted on a Web page. Clearly, while the puzzle is live, the answers won't appear on that page. But the Web page contains a link to the previous week's puzzle. If you navigate to that page, you can find the answers about half-way down the page. It's not surprising that it's half-way down, because each half contains the images, which dominate the space taken up by the page. The top half is the images without the answers, and the bottom half is the images with the answers.
I have never, ever, ever bothered to look for the answers before, let alone look at them. But I found them within a few seconds of deciding to look.
If you are really, really struggling to find the answers, simply click in your address bar (in your browser), and change the URL by adding "#answers" as in the following example:
http://55tools.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/set-553.html
becomes
http://55tools.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/set-553.html#answers
Hit your "Enter" or "Return" key, and the browser will jump to the answers.
I hope that is helpful to you. I hope it solves a long-time mystery for you. I hope it is now clear to you how to find the answers.
--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk
On 7/10/2014 3:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3234 might be for dusting flowers or roses...
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

My thoughts also.
email.me:

Try to use it horizontally, or tilted upward. Won't work. L

Why not? The container would be on top, not on bottom like shown. The plunger is what sends the dust out. A little at a time.
--
Jeff

Check the angle on the filler funnel. You cannot use it more tilted up than just a little above horizontal. If the 'hopper' is even halfway filled, it will spill out at horizontal, and empty itself completely when the tip is tilted above horizontal.
Roses (and most plants) need to be dusted on the bottoms of the leaves as well as the tops.
Not that... It's designed to be used vertically.
Lloyd

there is a cap that would contain it.
--
Jeff

Then how could it feed, with the tip above horizontal?
Lloyd

There is a pump handle... it pumps probably a mixture of air and the powder.
Whatever it is , it appears to be a pump for distributing a small (fine) amount of particulate ..
--
Jeff

On 7/13/2014 5:51 PM, woodchucker wrote:

Coarse grained material or viscous fluid also possible. Turn it so the tube is at an angle and the funnel is upright. Leave rod in down position, remove funnel cap, fill funnel to level, with the rod acting as a shut off valve, return funnel cover, raise rod to allow contents of funnel to flow down tube. Funnel acts as rough measure.