What is it? Set 553

Page 1 of 3
I need some help with numbers 3231, 3233, and 3234 this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/lCR31/new
Rob
"Rob H." wrote in message
I need some help with numbers 3231, 3233, and 3234 this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/lCR31/new
3230 is a six gallon jug. Probably for transferring milk to the urn.
Steve
3230 - milk churn?
--
Mark Brader | The way the Giants are playing this season, Newton
Toronto | would have been better off standing on the wings
On 7/10/2014 3:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3229, tamping tool for a Jack and the Beanstalk size tobacco pipe. 3230 milk can from a dairy. 3231, no clue. 3232, maybe for some kind of flower? 3233, no clue. 3234, would make a good seed planter.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/10/2014 2:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3230 Milk transport jug
3231 Automatic brake adjustment lever that fits on the bottom between the two brake shoes on the early to mid 70"s Chevrolet Vega and Monza, Olds StafFire, Buick Skyhawk, and Pontiac Astre?
Can't tell you how many of these I have replaced. Replacement was necessary as the unit would not collapse when installing new brake shoes, it would only expand with each application of the parking brake lever. Actually there was a tool to collapse the internal "one way" piece but the tool was more expensive than the part and therefore more time consuming.
Rob H. wrote:

3229 -
3230 - Gas/Oil bucket
3231 - GM H platform (Vega, Astre, Monza etc.) rear brake adjuster strut.
3232 -
3234 - bolus tool?
--
Steve W.

Rob H. wrote:

early autos. 3234 For giving medication to a small animal. The plunger is for a pill or liquids could be poured into the funnel.
--
 GW Ross

 An unbreakable toy is useful for
On 7/10/2014 2:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

I had a typo in my description which I changed earlier, it's actually a five gallon container. And after doing some searching, it looks like it was probably used for something other than milk.
On 7/10/2014 5:43 PM, Rob H. wrote:

You can't be milking this up.....
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I haven't found an exact match yet on the web but did find some similar shaped struts. Thanks
On 7/10/2014 4:47 PM, Rob H. wrote:

You may not find a match, it was unique to the a few GM vehicles in the 70's maybe into the early 80's. I looked at a few nation auto parts store online catalogs and while the description was named no part was available. The part actually mounted just under the wheel cylinder.

I think this is probably correct, the closest that I could find online are the cans on this page:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html? _nkw=Vintage%20Ellisco%205%20Gallon%20Geo%20D%20Ellis%20Sons%20Gas%20Cans&_itemI d50399304515

I'll take yours and Leon's word on this one.

Sounds possible, I'm still not sure about this item.
Rob H. wrote:

Changed a bunch of them myself. They "worked" but getting them to retract when they rusted was almost impossible.
Here is a mitchell page showing them.
http://vintage.mitchell1.com/PClubData/chassis/dch73/V2D738081.pdf

--
Steve W.

Rob H. :

plums/prunes, or the like. I think it's too small for Avacados.
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

Gotta be for syrup, then. Figure it's the transfer container for maple sugaring.
LLoyd

Yeah, I kind of agree with this comment, I don't think it's for milk.
Long, long, long time ago an aunt had a dairy farm up in Wisconsin and besides a lid (needed to keep the flies out), the handle for them were on either side of the opening, two, not one across like the one in the picture.
-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Thanks! That really nails this one down, I'll send your link to the owner.
Still no solid answers for the last two in this set but the rest have been posted:
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

Tell the owner of 3231 that if they have no use for it (or any others they have or Vega parts in general) to go to http://forums.h-body.org/ and mention that they have them.
They are VERY RARE parts and are wanted by folks who restore the cars.
--
Steve W.

Ok, I'll definitely mention this to him, I'm almost certain he doesn't have a use for it.