What is it? Set 553

I need some help with numbers 3231, 3233, and 3234 this week:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I need some help with numbers 3231, 3233, and 3234 this week:

Larger images:

3230 is a six gallon jug. Probably for transferring milk to the urn.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat
3230 - milk churn?
Reply to
Mark Brader

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.

3229, tamping tool for a Jack and the Beanstalk size tobacco pipe. 3230 milk can from a dairy. 3231, no clue. 3232, maybe for some kind of flower? 3233, no clue. 3234, would make a good seed planter.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

3230 Milk transport jug

3231 Automatic brake adjustment lever that fits on the bottom between the two brake shoes on the early to mid 70"s Chevrolet Vega and Monza, Olds StafFire, Buick Skyhawk, and Pontiac Astre?

Can't tell you how many of these I have replaced. Replacement was necessary as the unit would not collapse when installing new brake shoes, it would only expand with each application of the parking brake lever. Actually there was a tool to collapse the internal "one way" piece but the tool was more expensive than the part and therefore more time consuming.

Reply to
Leon

3229 -

3230 - Gas/Oil bucket

3231 - GM H platform (Vega, Astre, Monza etc.) rear brake adjuster strut.

3232 -

3234 - bolus tool?
Reply to
Steve W.

3230 Never saw a milk container without a lid. Maybe for fueling early autos. 3234 For giving medication to a small animal. The plunger is for a pill or liquids could be poured into the funnel.
Reply to
G. Ross

3230 Cream can
Reply to
Ralph

I had a typo in my description which I changed earlier, it's actually a five gallon container. And after doing some searching, it looks like it was probably used for something other than milk.

Reply to
Rob H.

I haven't found an exact match yet on the web but did find some similar shaped struts. Thanks

Reply to
Rob H.

I think this is probably correct, the closest that I could find online are the cans on this page:

d=350399304515

I'll take yours and Leon's word on this one.

Sounds possible, I'm still not sure about this item.

Reply to
Rob H.

Rob H. :

3232 - I'd _guess_ some sort of fruit pitting tool - perhaps peaches, plums/prunes, or the like. I think it's too small for Avacados.
Reply to
Baxter

Rob H. fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

Gotta be for syrup, then. Figure it's the transfer container for maple sugaring.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

You may not find a match, it was unique to the a few GM vehicles in the

70's maybe into the early 80's. I looked at a few nation auto parts store online catalogs and while the description was named no part was available. The part actually mounted just under the wheel cylinder.
Reply to
Leon

Changed a bunch of them myself. They "worked" but getting them to retract when they rusted was almost impossible.

Here is a mitchell page showing them.

Steve W.

Yeah, I kind of agree with this comment, I don't think it's for milk.

Long, long, long time ago an aunt had a dairy farm up in Wisconsin and besides a lid (needed to keep the flies out), the handle for them were on either side of the opening, two, not one across like the one in the picture.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

You can't be milking this up.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks! That really nails this one down, I'll send your link to the owner.

Still no solid answers for the last two in this set but the rest have been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Tell the owner of 3231 that if they have no use for it (or any others they have or Vega parts in general) to go to

and mention that they have them.

They are VERY RARE parts and are wanted by folks who restore the cars.

Reply to
Steve W.

Ok, I'll definitely mention this to him, I'm almost certain he doesn't have a use for it.

Reply to
Rob H.