Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/uqzqc/new
Rob
On 19/06/2014 5:16 PM, Rob H. wrote:

3211 Railway signal light
3214 log lifter
3216 drilling jig for drilling holes for wooden dowels , this one has 1/4" ,3/8" and 5/16 " drill guides, the most commonly used sizes
3212 Has to be a fence tightener.
On 6/19/2014 3:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:
3213 This looks like a worm to remove [stuff] from a muzzle loading cannon barrel, but is much smaller and nicely made... I'll guess this is a worm for a muzzle loading dueling pistol.
On 6/19/2014 3:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:
3215 Wire stripper?
On 6/19/2014 3:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:
Rob Hartill:

3211 is obviously a lantern meant to be rotated by the gears and show red and white alternately. I'm having trouble deciding between three possible uses:
* decorative light on a storefront business to call the attention of people passing by
* roof light on a police car
* 19th-century railway signal (19th century because the "go" signal is still white, not green).
It doesn't look over 100 years old and it looks too top-heavy for the police-car light, so I guess it's the first one.
Wrong three times or only twice?
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Whatever you are, be out and out,
snipped-for-privacy@vex.net | not divided or in doubt." -- Brand (Ibsen)
Rob H. wrote:

3211 - looks like a light color selector. White under normal use, red for night vision/battle lighting.
3213 - worm for muzzle loading pistol.
3216 - dowel jig
--
Steve W.

I remember that!

#3260 Wire Stripper #3261 Doweling jig.
Rob H. wrote :

a bouy? Or a channel marker?
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

Good job on the last one.

I don't know what this tool is but I didn't see in my fence tool book.

I think this is probably right but don't know for sure.

Sounds like a good answer to me but I also don't have an answer for this tool.

Three, I'm sorry to say.

"Battle lighting" is on the right track
Rob H. wrote:

If it also had a yellow lens I'd say it was part of the meatball light on a carrier.
Ships Nav beacon for aircraft?
--
Steve W.

    Posting from the usenet newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking as always.
3211)    O.K. My first thought was the rotating beacon on an airport, but     civilian airports have two white beams 180 degrees apart, and     military ones have alternating white and green beams, not the     white and red here.
    And it looks a bit too small for a lighthouse (unless they have     managed to make long-life lamps much smaller than in the past).
    So -- my guess is that it is a warning light from the top of a     buoy -- motor driven to keep the red beam towards the danger     areas and the white beam towards the safe areas.
    Plus, the outer black shutters cause it to blink as they are     rotated.
3212)    Not sure, but it looks like a tool for bending something to a     specific curve.
3213)    A rather short "worm" for extracting ball and charge from a     muzzle loading firearm -- almost certainly a handgun, and     possibly from a set of dueling pistols.
3214)    Nasty looking thing!
    Could that be one of the punishment devices used on convicts     who had been shipped to Australia? Closed around the neck (if     there is really enough room for a human neck in there) and     attached to a wall to keep them upright and from falling to     sleep for a long period of time?
3215)    Looks like a device to crimp flush with a surface -- perhaps     a cable passing through a nipple and then crimped to hold it     there.
3216)    A drill guide -- for drilling holes for dowels at a set-able     distance from the edge of a wood piece.
    Looks like guide bushings for 1/4" 1/2" and 5/8", but hard to     be sure -- when I zoom in the jpeg artifacts hide the details,     and you did not put the dead-on view in to the "larger image"     site. Even the angled view on that site doesn't give really     legible views when zoomed in.
    I wonder what the spacing between the pegs on the top side is,     and whether it is a convenient size for some common piece of     wood.
    Now to post this and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
3211: surveying something or another? 3212: Can opener? 3213: Gun cleaning ream? 3214: Meat smoking clamp? 3215: wire stripper? 3216: part of a Gregg jig?
On 6/19/2014 3:46 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3215: a type of nail puller perhaps? Maybe used on a roof to catch the nails. It looks stout enough to be hammered on even... phil k.