What is it? Set 549

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with 3209 in this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/04JXT/new
Rob
3205 I'll guess that these are [ancient] Chinese multiple rocket launchers. They hold 100 rockets, with arrows as stabilizing sticks that are fired as a barrage. I'll guess further that these are reasonably modern museum exhibits.
On 6/12/2014 3:35 AM, Rob H. wrote:
3206 Paint stirrer?
On 6/12/2014 3:35 AM, Rob H. wrote:
Easy one at 3205 - it was on Mythbusters. It's a hwacha, an ancient Korean multiple-rocket-launcher weapon.
3206 looks like a whisk, for cooking eggs or similar.
--
Mark Brader | "I'm here to give you the whole truth. All printed
Toronto | dictionaries of English are wrong. ... Deal with it."
On 6/12/2014 3:35 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3205, colonial baby carriage for India Fakur babies in training. 3206, either radio directional antenna, fly swatter for huge flies, or egg wisk. 3207, radish cultivator, for small gardens. 3208, embossing tool for rail road tickets. 3209, no clue. 3210, no clue.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

3206
I am thinking rug beater

#3206 - Rug beater? #3209 - Looks like the body for a hand held grinder.

Correct, it's called a hwacha, but I don't know if they are originals or reproductions.

It is a stirrer but not for paint.

Yes

It's used like a whisk but it's not for cooking.
"Rob H." wrote in message Mark Brader says...

Yes

It's used like a whisk but it's not for cooking.
I think it's for mixing size for wallpapering.
Steve
Sunday morning, and no answers?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/15/2014 8:14 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sunday morning, and your a still a dick.. Some things never change.
--
Jeff

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Answers were posted by Rob on 6/13/2014 at 5:11 PM
And before you post "Rob ALWAYS PUTS UP A POST WITH ANSWERS" He no longer does. If this is an issue with you I see three choices.
1. Understand that he has changed his methods, and still try to guess, while stopping the above BS.
2. Keep whining like a damn spoiled brat. Which is exactly what I expect you to do. Especially since you are acting worse than Jon B. and his sock puppets.
3. Leave the newsgroup, never to return.
Your choice.
--
Steve W.

On 6/15/2014 7:14 PM, Steve W. wrote:

Option two.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Close!

Correct!

    Posting from the usenet newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking as always:
3205)    A strange thing. Is it perhaps a portable device for crushing     sugar cane?
3206)    An egg whipper?
3207)    Some sort of fork designed to easily slip off whatever it picks     up by operating the lever.
3208)    O.K. Another interesting device. First off, it is built on a     parallel-acting jaws pliers. The size looks close to that of     the metal-backed buttons/pins, but the left-hand part is too     small to assemble one without bending the backing plate, and the     pliers are not really offering enough leverage to make it     practical for this use.
    So -- I don't know.
3209)    The tapered square to the left looks like what is found on the     shafts for winding tall clocks -- but it is the wrong gender to     fit into a clock.
    Out of curiosity -- which direction does the ratio go? Is the     left or the right hand side the faster?
    And how heavy (wide) are the gears? If they are thin stamped     steel, they don't have the torque to drive much significant     load.
    Perhaps it is for something like spinning a wheel with holes in     it to act as an "optical chopper" -- or maybe a hand-powered     fan.
3210)    Strange -- and I can't see enough of it to be sure, but it     looks like it could scribe a diametrical line across the end of     a piece of round stock. (More detailed photo of the spring     loaded arm might give more clues.)
    A tough series.
    Now to post and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Rob H. wrote:

3208 a device to install the back on a pocket watch.
--
 GW Ross

 3 kinds of people: those who can

You're in the right ball park, the patent for this tool can be seen in the answers for this week:
Rob