What is it? Set 545

I need some help with 3183 in this week's set:

Larger images:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I need some help with 3183 in this week's set:

Larger images:

Rob

3181 Tent tie sown pegs 3182 Torture device for cheating men 3185 steam kettle

Robert

Reply to
Robert

3181 Tips from a cat-o-nine tails 3183 Broach for making square holes for round pegs
Reply to
G. Ross

3185 - Steamer for bending veneer.
Reply to
joeljcarver

Could 3183 be a sampler for hay/straw/grass hay bales ? Insert , 1/4 turn and pull out to get a sample to check for dryness etc .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

3181 - wrought iron pins from cloak pins, the cloak aspects are missing.

.... That double as wrought iron skewers, like for burlap sack closure pins -

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Pshurely they are all parquet flooring tools?

Reply to
Stanley Daniel de Liver

I didn't see any earlier posts.

I think 3181 are garden spikes for setting up a rope or cord boundary around a flower bed or lawn.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I didn't see any earlier posts.

I think 3181 are garden spikes for setting up a rope or cord boundary around a flower bed or lawn.

Which of course makes them fencing tools.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Nope

I still don't know what this tool is for, and couldn't find a broach like it on the web

Reply to
Rob H.

Possibly, but most hay thieves that I've seen a longer than this tool

Reply to
Rob H.

These are only a few inches long so probably too short too be garden spikes

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Alexander Thesoso

Alexander Thesoso wrote in news:ll3b7g$evr$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Might have something to do with weaving or other fiber art (knitting, crochet, etc.)

Reply to
Baxter

Posting from the usenet newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking as always (and from the computer in my living room as usually done.)

3181) Looks like tools (pins) for stretching a pelt while curing it. 3182) For gripping two edges of something and drawing them together.

Doesn't look right for the usual answer of "fencing tool". More for sheet metal or leather or something similar.

3183) I *think* that this is for pushing though a nail hole in a tire casing, roughing up the surface for a glue to bond to with a plug. Not like the tools which have an eye to pull the plug through, but for one stage of the process. The teeth are angled to cut on the pull, which makes sense with a tire carcass, as on the push it would tend to bend ahead of the tool. 3184) Looks sort of like a weight and hook for controlling the height of a chandelier to allow replacing/lighting/extinguishing the candles. (Obviously, quite old.) 3815) Looks like a surface heater (perhaps to dry paint or something of the sort. Kerosene jets on top which are lit, and the curved metal plate reflects the heat towards whatever is being dried, and protects the arm of the person holding it.

I would guess that fat wicks are put into the cylindrical tubes sticking up.

3816) Looks like an instrument for measuring elevation. I presume that the groove conceals a level vial.

Now to post and then see what other have suggested.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room as always.

3181 pitons for youth rock climbing trips. 3182 adjustable bar towel holder. 3183 wine makers bung hole cleaner 3184 colonial yard holder for helium balloons 3185 pilot light for a very large freighter 3186 adjustable transom support

I didn't see a post with answers in the subject line last week. I'm still curious.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Maybe we should call you Stormin Moron. GET THE FUCK OVER IT ASSHOLE.

Reply to
woodchucker

Ha!

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

Just ploink him .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Good guess, it's for leather.

Haven't been able to verify any of the guesses for 3183 but the rest of the answers have been posted:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.