What is it? Set 544

Page 2 of 2
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Not this time. Here was the post:

--
Steve W.

    Well ... I remember having (or being issued) folding pocket knives which had blades sufficiently difficult to open that I would need the edge of a penny or something similar to engage the thumbnail slot and start it open.
    For comfortable to use knives, no need, of course.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

arthritis... no fingernails, weak fingernails...
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Funny , I don't recall seeing that lately - though I believe at one time he did in fact do that . Your newsreader will display the messages threaded , and show which ones in a thread have not been read . Take advantage of that and read any message left by Rob late on friday afternoon . Fer cryin' out loud Chris , you've been around long enough to know how this works . I find your weekly post about "where are the answers" a pathetic plea for attention - just like most of the inane garbage you post .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm in a pissy mood .

No, you're the idiot.

People buy knives like that because of the blades or combination of blades. Your 'one handers' will not fullfill the function(s) required ...

... serious woodworkers don't want your cheap Chinese crap.
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Baxter" wrote:

--------------------------------------------- Don't cry when you lose this one overboad.
http://tinyurl.com/ltrjqcs
Lew

Crap... $400 and not a lanyard hole in it! I think they WANT you to lose it!
Lloyd

Not that I've seen. Check the woodworking catalogs and you find edged tools coming from Japan (not China), England, Europe, and the good ol' USA. Perhaps you should try somewhere besides Harbor Freight?
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

In the '60s you could carry an pocked knife on an airplane.

70s, 80, 90s too. 2001 that all changed.
And your point is?
--
Jeff

On Mon, 12 May 2014 01:05:33 +0100, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Quite. How much per pound is fish anyhow? There's easier ways.
--
It's a money /life balance.

ignorant

etc etc.

find edged

the good ol'

Freight?

Taiwan

etc have a

<snip irrelavent BS for brevity>
Swoosh! Right past your head - just like in political forums. You seem to make a career of being obdurate. We're talking edged _woodworking_ tools in this forum - not cheap crap for carving your turkey. (AFATG, the best kitchen knives come from Germany and France). We're also talking (edged tools remember) chisels, Plane blades, and the like.
Show us how many of these knives came from China: http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?cat=1&pQ222
Or these: http://www.hocktools.com/ Or these: http://tinyurl.com/lwsmhes
Or Rockler or Garret Wade, etc.
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz fired this volley in news:2fv1n950gurerom9tpuptti2eciuehgv7s@ 4ax.com:

If an knife was pocked, I'd put it away in an drawer and get an new one.
An knife that's pocked has been mistreated and left put away wet.
I wouldn't carry an pocked knife on an airplane or anywhere else.
Ldoly
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

I'd only carry a pocked knife in a polster, and when I was finished using the knife I'd reupholster it!
On 5/12/2014 7:44 PM, Bill wrote:

If it was only slightly pocked, you could psharen the blade again, maybe ifle out the big pock marks, and shetwone it a bit to really harshen up the dedge.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

...and people brought guns to school (in NYC, even).

Only that it ain't the good old days. The only think left of the '60s is the permanent hangover.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz writes:

In the first year of the 21st century, one could carry a pocket knife on an airplane.
On Tue, 13 May 2014 13:27:06 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

No one claimed you were very bright.