What is it? Set 543

Page 1 of 2
The latest set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/EONNq/new
Rob

A wild guess for 3171 is that it's a glass drill (that is, a drill for making holes in glass, rather than - oh you know).
3169 is a cleaning tool for an L85 SA80 British rifle.
http://www.ebay.ph/itm/Good-Used-British-Army-Cleaning-Kit-5-56-223-Rifle-Multi-Tool-SA-80-L85-M4-LSW-/251428313331
On 5/1/2014 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.
3169, handgun maint tool, or maybe rifle. Drill to clear the gas port. Just a wild guess. 3170, depth adjuster for a farm machine. 3171, drain cleaner, maybe? Remove hair from a drain? 3172, no clue. 3173, some kind of clamp? 3174, scrapers to remove mud from shoes?
For whatever reason, I can't get RCM on this usenet provider and reader. Not sure I can get R Woodworking. So, I read and cross post from rec puzzles.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

3170 is a work holder when cutting on a band saw.

Could be, I still don't have an answer for this tool.

Rifle tool is correct.
On 5/1/2014 4:41 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Gracious! You mean I got one? Thanks, the fun returns to Usenet.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

used wicking, gooey oil, etc without forcing any deeper like a drill bit can.
Sounds reasonable

Yes, that's exactly what it is.

Watchmaker's clamp is correct, not sure if it's for engraving, I thought it was for repairs.
3169 Fencing multi-tool 3170 Fence post alignment jig 3171 Guage for checking for proper twist in barbed wire 3172 Semi-automatic stapler for fence wire 3173 Escutcheon mold for fence gate medallions 3174 Anti-slip pads for boots for use while building fences in muddy conditions
Art

Correct, also known as a push stick.

These are perfectly good answers for upcoming items.

    Posting from the usenet newsgroup rec.crafts.metalworking as always.
3169)    Never seen anything like it before, but at a guess, it is a tool     for breaking into locked containers.
3170)    A tool for roughly squaring a chunk of wood, perhaps?
3171)    Hmm ... larger image out of sequence on the alternate site.
    Looks like it has a square on the left-hand end for a tap     wrench.
    I would say that it is for such things as:
    1)    Extracting chips from the bottom of a drilled hole.
    2)    Extracting wood wedged into a keyhole.
    3)    Removing the parts of a broken tap in a hole being         threaded.
    4)    Extracting the remains of a wooden dowel from a hole,         after it has been partially drilled out.
3172)    Perhaps a tool for skiving the overlapping ends of a leather     drive belt in preparation for gluing.
3173)    Looks like a wooden vise for holding a lock designed for going     in wooden furniture like old desks and such while the lock is     being worked upon.
3174)    For arranging flowers?
    Now to post and then see what others have suggested.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

3172, Cigarrette maker?
Rob H. wrote:

3171 Looks like a thing for inserting a plug in a tyre to fix a puncture.
Still looking for a reference for 3171 but the rest of the answers for this week have been posted:
Rob
On 5/2/2014 4:40 PM, Rob H. wrote:

Thanks for a lot of fun. It's a shame there are so many inventions no one knows what they are, any more.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/2/2014 9:31 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

How about this one.
I went to Thomas Edisons complex, now a museum. They have this huge machine there. And no one knows that it does or how it works. You would think someone would be able to figure that out.
He has millions of documents, and they have only gone through a portion of them.
Edison alone baffles them, more patents than any other person.
--
Jeff