What is it? Set 541

Page 1 of 2
A new set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/FxMPj/new
Rob
Hey, I *have* one of those! #3159. My father bought it sometime around 1970, I guess. It's a combination tool consisting of two screwdrivers and a hammer, nested together. To access the small screwdriver you unscrew the silver-color knob and pull it out from inside the brass handle; to access the large one you unscrew the brass handle, which doubles as the handle of the screwdriver, and pull the blade out from inside the hammer shaft.
--
Mark Brader | "If there had been government -- and dare I say industrial?
Toronto | -- research establishments in the Stone Age, by now we
On 4/17/2014 4:46 AM, Mark Brader wrote:

I would agree.
3157    For cutting leather maybe 3159     as he said above. 3160    derailer for a bike.
--
Jeff

hammer was useless. But I did use the screwdrivers a few times.
Rob H. wrote :

3161. Lamp extractor for a panel lamp that I cannot remember where. l-)
--
John G

"Rob H." wrote in message
3159 It has two screw drivers in the handle 3160 claw mount derailleur http://www.vintage-bike-shop.com/rear-derailleur-huret-svelto-prod1880
Robert
3157 Looks like it might be a tool for splitting soft wood, perhaps a basketmaker's material preparation tool.
On 4/17/2014 4:04 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Ok the hammer, one that I played with when I was a kid, had many more than 2 screwdrivers as mentioned by others. IIRC it had 5 or 6 straight blade screw drivers.. The smallest would work well on eye glasses and about 1.5" long.

#3160 Derailer for a bike missing afew pieces
3161 Looks like a plugger to check condition of a block of cheese. WW
"Rob H." wrote in message
A new set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/FxMPj/new
Rob
On 4/17/2014 9:42 AM, WW wrote:

Must be a heckuva' hard cheese judging by the amount of mushrooming on the latter... :)

#3159 contains a set of nesting screwdrivers in the handle. These were sometimes final exam works for machinist apprentices.
#3158 i think it is a gunsmithig tool to adjust iron sights on a gun.
Walter
Am 17.04.2014 10:04, schrieb Rob H.:

On 4/17/2014 12:02 PM, Walter Kraft wrote:

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes, that's what it is, I didn't know the answer when it was sent to me but today five or ten people have given this answer.

Correct, although this particular one has four screwdrivers.

This answer is correct.
says...

Good answer, it's for installing and removing a pistol sight.

Since the reset already seem to have answers...
3162 - Probably way off but perhaps to collect maple syrup from a tree?

Nope, that's not it, these are much larger than typical syrup taps.