This week's set has been posted:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/gallery/NjYW6/new
Rob
"Rob H." wrote:

-------------------------------------- 3154: A wine bottle cork puller.
Lew
On 4/10/2014 4:47 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I concur, doctor. These took a bit of training and practice to get em to work.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

We had one of these for years. I was the only one who could get it to work. After I was out of the house a few times, my wife went back to a corkscrew. It was a lot of trouble and work to get the thing to function. I gave up on it. I suspect that many other people had a similar experience. We went out and bought the biggest, nicest corkscrew we could fine. And have not looked back.

3151 meat tenderizer 3152 Transformer 3153 fire place lighter 3154 Wine cork puller
Robert
On 4/10/2014 4:03 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.
3151, part of a waffle making iron, missing most of the platten. 3152, not much of a clue. It's electrical, from the wires. Beyond that, no information. 3153, I think we can rule out telescope, musical insturment, or proctoscope. Beyond that, I'm not getting any ideas. 3154, I know with certainty what this is. Years before I joined the Mormons, I'd just bought a device with similar functionality. Mine had a spiral applicator and gear operated lateral action. But, it did damage. This one leaves the affected part intact. I'll not say more, so as not to spoil it for others who would certainly wine and cry. 3155, don't know. 3156, fence tool. What else to say?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

BAD, Stormy... BAD! Yes, I would 'wine' and cry, too, if my cork-puller damaged a cork, except that the bottle would be empty, so it wouldn't matter!
Cork puller #3154.
3152 actually looks like a commercial waffle iron or sandwich press.
3151 may be a hot hair curler.
3153... a tire pump for a fancy bicycle?
Lloyd

Sigh. You're not going to tell the Bishop are you?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Never mind... I completely missed the brackets fastening the top to the bottom! (Waffles go in, but they never come out! <G>)
LS
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Actually , that one looks a lot like the engine annunciator sender for a large boat or ship . You'll notice he only showed us one side ...
--
Snag

On 4/10/2014 4:03 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3151 Tool for braiding rope. 3153    Shock absorber for a lid on a trunk or something similar (far reach). 3154    Cork remover 3155     Drill press for a watch maker or model builder. 3156     Fence tool :-) Fence tensioning tool.
--
Jeff

3154 is indeed a cork puller BUT it is specifically for removing a cork that has been previously damaged. It will remove the remnants of a cork cleanly or a cork that has been partially pushed down the neck of the bottle. I have used one of these and they are good.
I've an idea on 3152 but for the rest I'm stumped.
Nick.

I might, after he sobers up.
Lloyd

OK, I'm safe, now.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

3156 Is a wire fence stretcher. It's missing a small link chain that would fit over the mostly hidden cogs for same. Just like mine :)
Probably related/based on patent number 541240 (shrug).
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
On 4/10/2014 3:49 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:

I was kidding. Did I really get it right? I'm astounded.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Correct, though I've never actually used one of these myself.
On 4/10/2014 4:22 PM, Rob H. wrote:

If we ever meet up, I'll show you how. I don't drink alcohol, so you'll have to help with that aspect of things.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes

Nope

Close

Right

I guess that's all that needs to be said.