Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

--------------------------------------

3154: A wine bottle cork puller.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

3151 meat tenderizer 3152 Transformer 3153 fire place lighter 3154 Wine cork puller

Robert

Reply to
Robert

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always.

3151, part of a waffle making iron, missing most of the platten. 3152, not much of a clue. It's electrical, from the wires. Beyond that, no information. 3153, I think we can rule out telescope, musical insturment, or proctoscope. Beyond that, I'm not getting any ideas. 3154, I know with certainty what this is. Years before I joined the Mormons, I'd just bought a device with similar functionality. Mine had a spiral applicator and gear operated lateral action. But, it did damage. This one leaves the affected part intact. I'll not say more, so as not to spoil it for others who would certainly wine and cry. 3155, don't know. 3156, fence tool. What else to say?
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I concur, doctor. These took a bit of training and practice to get em to work.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon fired this volley in news:ogv1v.80190$ snipped-for-privacy@fx03.iad:

BAD, Stormy... BAD! Yes, I would 'wine' and cry, too, if my cork-puller damaged a cork, except that the bottle would be empty, so it wouldn't matter!

Cork puller #3154.

3152 actually looks like a commercial waffle iron or sandwich press.

3151 may be a hot hair curler.

3153... a tire pump for a fancy bicycle?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" fired this volley in news:XnsA30B52E46B58Alloydspmindspringcom@216.168.3.70:

Never mind... I completely missed the brackets fastening the top to the bottom! (Waffles go in, but they never come out! )

LS

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Actually , that one looks a lot like the engine annunciator sender for a large boat or ship . You'll notice he only showed us one side ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

We had one of these for years. I was the only one who could get it to work. After I was out of the house a few times, my wife went back to a corkscrew. It was a lot of trouble and work to get the thing to function. I gave up on it. I suspect that many other people had a similar experience. We went out and bought the biggest, nicest corkscrew we could fine. And have not looked back.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

3151 Tool for braiding rope. 3153 Shock absorber for a lid on a trunk or something similar (far reach). 3154 Cork remover 3155 Drill press for a watch maker or model builder. 3156 Fence tool :-) Fence tensioning tool.
Reply to
woodchucker

3154 is indeed a cork puller BUT it is specifically for removing a cork that has been previously damaged. It will remove the remnants of a cork cleanly or a cork that has been partially pushed down the neck of the bottle. I have used one of these and they are good.

I've an idea on 3152 but for the rest I'm stumped.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Sigh. You're not going to tell the Bishop are you?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Stormin Mormon fired this volley in news:7cz1v.20855$ snipped-for-privacy@fx02.iad:

I might, after he sobers up.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

OK, I'm safe, now.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

3156 Is a wire fence stretcher. It's missing a small link chain that would fit over the mostly hidden cogs for same. Just like mine :)

Probably related/based on patent number 541240 (shrug).

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Correct, though I've never actually used one of these myself.

Reply to
Rob H.

Yes

Nope

Close

Right

Reply to
Rob H.

I guess that's all that needs to be said.

Reply to
Rob H.

This device wasn't for use on a ship

Reply to
Rob H.

I was also thinking this was for a watch maker but haven't had any luck proving it.

Reply to
Rob H.