What is it? Set 536

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with 3130 this week:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/Rpeu8
Rob
Rob H. wrote:

(or maybe there is another reason someone might put it on a finger)?
Bill

Sounds possible, it was found in an estate of someone who was a cellist but it might not be related to that.
Rob H. wrote:

Rob, Thanks for your reply. It occurred to me after I posted, that what actually looks like a weak spot, actually might enable it to fit between the fingers more comfortably. The fact that it's not strong enough for "work", made the splint guess more likely to me. I'm not sure how a cellist could use it (or why they would want to wear/use it if they didn't have to).
Bill
On 3/13/2014 4:37 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3127 Broken tooling.. the loop for the screw is broken.. :-) 3128 Metal lathe cutters. 3129 Suction device 3130 Quarter and a nickle along side a miniature shoe horn for a kid. 3131 balancer for small wheels or propellers
--
Jeff

3130 - looks almost like a pocket 'worry stone', but made of ebony 3131 - a small blade balancer for lawnmowers. Monkey Wards sold them for decades 3132 - a electrical radiant heater... never seen one that shape before! Probably used one of the 'cone' resistance elements.
LLoyd

3132 looks like a portable light used on a firetruck... old style... Could be mounted on the firetruck or just in the storage area and used for auxilliary lighting.
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

We have at least 4 in our station. They actually work pretty well.
--
Steve W.

On 3/13/2014 11:30 AM, Steve W. wrote:

With a flood bulb, I'm sure they do fine.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Good answer, it was marked firetruck search light.

Posting again from the desktop PC. I didn't see the size, or saw it and didn't notice. With that size of device, lawn mower blade balancer sounds correct.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes, it's a blade balancer

Lathe cutting tool is correct.
On 3/13/2014 4:37 AM, Rob H. wrote:

as always:
3127, no clue 3128, possibly a cutter for a lathe 3129, no clue 3130, don't know 3131, reminds me a bit of a JC Whitney bubble balancer for balancing tires, the bubble is missing. 3132, portable electric light. Might be for speed drying paint.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

action here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-84Sdq7jaE

I enjoyed that video. Thanks.
On 3/13/2014 11:46 AM, Marc Dashevsky wrote:

--
Jeff

Good job, I saw the video last week and planned to use it with my answer for the glass tapper.

    Interesting! A relative of an automatic center punch, to deliver a controlled rap to the surface of the glass.
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
On 3/13/2014 10:57 AM, Phil Kangas wrote:

guy in the lower right corner wasn't wearing goggles, and the tiny eye glasses those guys wore didn't look like they had much coverage.
--
.
Christopher A. Young