What is it? Set 535

Page 1 of 2
I need some help with 3122 and 3126 in this week's set:
http://55tools.blogspot.com/
Larger images:
http://imgur.com/a/D6d8p
Rob
3124 This is a Necker Knob. It clamps on to a car steering wheel, so that the driver can steer with one hand while the other hand is otherwise occupied. They sort-of faded into obscurity with the introduction of power steering. Truck drivers have also occasionally used them.
On 3/6/2014 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Very common where I grew up. All work trucks had them.
They were called suicide knobs. Because people would get their shirt sleeves tangled up in them and crash their vehicle.
On 3/6/2014 8:24 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

That is what they were called where I grew up too. When I was in school an automotive store that I worked for part time sold them with the newer material called Lucite. LOL
On 3/6/2014 8:28 AM, Leon wrote:

At the age of ten I was driving all sorts of vehicles on the farm. One was an old three ton truck, manual everything. I had to hold on to the suicide knob with both hands to turn the wheel when the truck was stopped or moving slowly in bullow.
A bit more info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brodie_knob
LdB
3121 This is a four-terminal resistor. It is used in precision measurement. The current goes in and out through the large outer terminals, and voltage is measured across the puny inner terminals. This separates the effect of voltage drop across the current terminals from the true voltage at the inner terminals.
On 3/6/2014 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Resistor is correct.
On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 06:07:33 -0500, Alexander Thesoso

It's called a "Kelvin connection", though the only thing the extra terminals do is nullify any error caused by the leads on the resistor itself. You don't need a four-terminal resistor to use a Kelvin connection.
On 3/6/2014 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

Posting from my desk top PC in the living room, as always. Windows XP is getting old, some help wanted web sites won't upload resume with this OS.
3121, fixed value resistor, for testing equipment. 3122, my gut sense is this is a lens for movie camera. 3123, be interesting if the solid end was open socket of some kind. Not familiar. 3124, fence repair tool. Turn the black knob to tighten the two straps to hold the fence wire. 3125, fence repair tool. Clips off the ends of fence posts and catches the pieces. 3126, maybe burner gun from a natural gas furnace?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yep

I would guess this is right but I don't know for sure.

The solid end doesn't have an open socket, this tool is automobile related.

"Rob H." wrote:

The wrench has a visible part no. K-D 3282 and google search reveals that it is a weighted wrench for adjusting the timing belt tension on a chrysler engines.
See picture with description
http://i34.tinypic.com/2v29t11.jpg
-jim

Good job, you nailed it.
On 3/6/2014 3:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

This is the combination wrench/handle of a cleaning rod for a semi-automatic military rifle or machine gun. The wrench end is for removing the gas piston for cleaning also. Don't know for which one exactly as there is a lot of similarity between them.

Thanks! After doing some searching I'm pretty sure it's for an M14.
3121: Part of a telegraph system? 3122: Part of a camera zoom / blow up system 3123: wrench, but for what? 3124: suicide knob? 3125: Crimpers, but for what? 3126: tip of a gas burner?
On 3/6/2014 4:05 AM, Rob H. wrote:

3121 A fence tool. 3122 A fence tool. 3123 A fence tool. 3124 A fence tool. 3125 A fence tool. 3126 A fence tool.
A tense fool.
On 3/6/2014 4:24 PM, shazzbat wrote:

Thanks. First time in days I've laughed out loud. Very well done, my friend.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Good one! Though believe it or not I didn't post a single fence tool this week.
3125 is a pecan sheller. Looks like a Duke Co. #125. Might be a "Texan" brand.

3125 is a nut cracker.